Gobi Manchurian is an Indo Chinese Delicacy . A hot favourite of many and a ready moving starter in most restaurants.
Very Simple to prepare. Here we get started .
For Gravy :
|Onion||1 small one finely chopped|
|Spring Onions||2 stalk finely chopped|
|Green chillies||2 Nos finely chopped|
|Garlic||3 cloves finely crushed|
|Grated Ginger||2-3 tsp|
|Soya Sauce||4-5 tsp|
|Chilli Sauce||2 tsp|
|Tomato Ketchup||2 tsp|
|Corn Flour||3 tsp|
For Cauliflower Manchurian:
|Cauliflower||1 Nos medium size|
|APF / Maida||1 Cup|
|Corn Flour||2-3 Tsp|
|Ginger Garlic Paste||1 tsp|
|Chilli Powder||1/2 tsp|
- To prepare the gravy , first add 2 tsp oil in a fry pan . Once the oil is heated , add the chopped onions and a little of spring onions .
- Also add chopped garlic , ginger & green chillies to the onions and saute it for 2 -3 mins.
- Now when the raw flavours have gone , add the soya sauce , vinegar , chilli sauce and the tomato ketchup. Mix the sauces well so that the ingedients blend well. Add Salt to taste.
- To the above mixture add about 1/2 cup water , which is jsut enough for the dry gravy. let the mix not get soggy.
- Add the corn ordering tetracycline flour to this mixture and stir well. This is avoid causing any thickening.
- Just when the right consistency is achieved , turn of the gas and keep the gravy aside.
- Remove the florets of the cauliflower carefully .In a pan of boiling water add 1/4 cup milk and 1 tsp of vinegar. Now add all the gobi florets. Allow it to boil for 2-3 min. Turn off the gas. Remove the florets and pat dry in a towel. Combination of milk and vinegar lets us have a shining and sterilised gobi .
- Make a paste of all purpose flour, corn flour ,chilli powder and salt using water. Take a tsp. of ginger and garlic paste, add it to the paste.Dip the gobi florets in the paste and deep fry till golden brown. Keep aside.
- Add the fried gobi Florets to the gravy prepared earlier . Stir it well so that all the flavours get blended well.
- For garnishing add the remaining stalk of spring onions chopped .Serve the gobi Manchurian Hot.