Thank you for all your recovery wishes & loads of comforting messages .I am perfectly fine now & back with my Bake a Cake post.
This is my first hand at Baking a Cake and wow… woow… I m totally satisfied..
Coz its quite easy …and I got the perfect texture I was looking for..
Well coming to Making .. Referred to Divya’s Zebra Cake & Pound Cake’s Recipe from google & combined both of them and gave it my version.
I didnt have a Circular tin , so went on my preparation with a square tin.My 19 months old lil one just loved it.. He ate a slice of it.. though hot.. and said.. Mmmm Mmmm . He had couple of bites of it. That gave me my best satisfaction. My H felt hungry early this morning when he saw the cake .. and had them at 6 in the morning 🙂 Wot more could you expect…..out of your experiment being successful ???
|All Purpose Flour||2 Cups|
|Baking Powder||1 Tsp|
|Unsalted Butter||3/4 Cup + 2 tsp for spreading|
|Low fat Condensed Milk||3/4 Cup|
|Vanilla Extract||1 Tsp|
- Preheat the oven 325 F. Generously butter an 8.5″ square pan and set aside.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder and set aside.
- Combine Eggs & Sugar together in a mixing bowl . Beat them until they are fluffy. Now add in the condensed milk ,vanilla extract & beat a couple of times . Gradually introduce the unsalted butter & beat them well until they are nicely mixed. Add about 1/4 cup of milk too and beat them until they are blended well.
- Now add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat them until all of them are incorporated .
- Divide the batter in to 2 separate bowls. In one of the bowls add in chopped walnuts & the other bowl , stir in 2 tsp of Coco Powder.
- Add the batters alternatively until the batter is done. Let them spread on its own.
- Bake it in preheated oven for 50min to an hour. Check with a fork / toothpick in the sides & center.
- Cool completely in the loaf an on a rack, then unmold & slice.
- Enjoy it with Tea or jsut like tat…Apt to grab ’em anytime.
Never fill the baking tin upto the brim. Need to give space for the batter to rise. As we always learn from mistakes , I just learnt this one too.
Always check the center of the cake too with a toothpick/fork if its done. Sides tend to cook faster.
I have used 1/2 cup of milk for this preparation. Its because the condensed milk can make the batter really thick and might not incorporate the flour.
Sending this to
Monthly Mingle hosted by Aparna and started by Meeta
And also to Kidz Delight hosted by Srivalli.