We are always fond of paratha’s as its quite versatile by itself and we dont need much to go with it.. Just a pickle or yogurt shud do… 🙂
I learnt this recipe from my gujarathi aunt over the telephone..My first trial wasnt 100% successful becoz of the variety of the potatoes… But I still managed to make it well somehow… by trying a different method for sealing.
My second attempt at it .. was simply easy peesy.. no struggle..Thanks to the potatoes..this time 🙂
For Dough Preparation:
|Whole Wheat Flour||2 cups|
|Water||Nearly 1 1/4 cup|
|Potatoes||3 Nos boiled & mashed|
|Methi Leaves||1 Bunch washed, dried and finely chopped|
|Coriander Leaves||1/4 cup finely chopped|
|Green Chillies||1 tsp finely chopped|
|Freshly grated Ginger||1 tsp|
|Garlic||1 pod chopped finely (optional)|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 tsp|
|Coriander Powder||1 tsp|
|Mango Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Cumin Seeds||1/2 tsp|
|ajwain seeds||3/4 tsp|
For the Dough:
- Combine all the ingredients & knead them into a soft dough using water. Make balls out of it and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a kadai and add cumin seeds. Once they splutter add the chopped methi leaves and saute them for 2 minutes. Add Turmeric, green chillies , ginger , salt & coriander powder.Saute for 1 more min.
- Add the potatoes and saute for 1 more min. Turn of the gas and now add the chopped tetracycline online coriander leaves ,amchur powder & ajwain seeds to the potato methi mixture.
- Combine all of them nicely and make small balls of the filling mixture.
For the Aloo Methi Paratha
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a small circle using the whole wheat flour for dusting. Place one ball of the aloo methi filling mixture in the centre of the circle. Seal tightly by bring sides together so that the mixture doesnt come out.
Flatten these balls again and roll like any other paratha.
- Cook on a tava, using oil/ghee until both the sides are golden brown.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the dough portions.
- Serve hot with Yogurt or Mixed Pickle.
If the potatoes becomes sticky during preparation , we could dust the potato mash powder over it… and carry on with the preparation.. I got this tip from my aunt, when I told her about my unsuccessful attempt.
Incase fresh methi leaves are not available use kasthuri methi .
Sending this Aloo Methi Delight to the Weekend Herb Blogging # 204, hosted this week by Susan of The Well Seasoned Cook. The event started by Kalyn, is now in the nurturing hands of Haalo of Cook (Almost) Anything Atleast Once.