M uffins are something that I just bake anytime. There is no time or day or muhurat that I need to plan to make.. This muffin was a result of staying awake with my lil one late nite.. Lil V slept late evening.. and before I wud hit the bed ,he wakes up at 11.30pm … Oh oh…. I wud have been a bit upset generally if tat happens… But this new year , just decided for myself to get a little more patient.
Spent the next 2 hours cleaning , playing and baking this delightful muffin at 1 am .
Loosely adapted from the book 1 Mix,50 Muffins. I have altered wee bits to suit my flavours .Above all halved the amount , jsut perfect to make 6 Muffins.
WALNUT CINNAMON MUFFIN
For Printable Recipes click here
|Plain Flour||130g ( 1 Std Cup heapful)|
|Baking Powder||1.5 Tsp|
|Ground Cinnamon||1 Tsp|
|Coarsely chopped Walnuts||40g|
|Large Egg||1 Nos|
|Sunflower Oil||4 Tblspn|
|Vanilla Extract||1 Tsp|
- Preheat the oven to 200 C. Line the muffin tin with 6 paper cases.
- Bring the dry ingredients together. Sift the flour , baking powder and cinnamon together in a large bowl . Add in Sugar & Walnuts. One can fairly reduce or increase the walnut proportion according to your liking…
- Lightly beat the egg in another bowl , then beat in the milk , oil & vanilla extract.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the beaten liquid ingredients. Stir gently until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Spoon the mixture into the poured tin upto 3/4th of the case.Bake in the preheated oven for around 20 min until well risen and firm to touch. Check with a skewer inserted comes out clean..
- Allow the muffin to cool for 5 min onto a wire rack and serve warm with Tea .