Fancy Making Paneer Tikka’s and worried about not having an oven… Guess this is it… I love the healthier version but we definitely deserve indulgence occasionally… Flavours from pan made are a little more rejuvenating … But if you are looking for a smoky effect in Tikka’s ,hop in check my Paneer Tikka post to try the oven way.
Believe in your self and you will be rocking with this starter treating your family…
|Paneer||250 gm. cubed to 20 pieces|
|Green Pepper||2 No’s chopped to 1” squares|
|Red Onions||1 No’s shaped to 1” squares|
|Low Fat Yogurt||1/2 Cup|
|Ginger –Garlic Paste||1 Tblspn|
|Kashmiri Lal chilli Powder||1- 1.5 Tsp.|
|Turmeric Powder||1/2 Tsp.|
|Garam masala||1/2 Tsp.|
|Chat Powder||To sprinkle before you serve|
- Prepare a marinade by bringing together all the ingredients under Marinade leaving aside the chat masala. Taste and adjust the ingredients accordingly.
- Dip the paneer pieces in the marinade and set aside for at least 30 minutes or for 2 hours….
- Heat the pan with oil for shallow frying . Drop the paneer pieces in a batch of 8 , turn and fry until paneer coats brown on all sides. Repeat the process for the rest of the paneer.Drain them on to a kitchen towel.
- In the remaining batter , quickly dip all the onions and green peppers together and add them on the pan . The flavours from the marinade coats these two vegetables giving tikka an absolute blend.
- Using a spatula turn them after a minute on the pan making sure the veggies stay crunchy.Drain them onto a separate bowl coated with kitchen towel.
- Thread the skewer in alternates of paneer , onion and green peppers to suit your palate.. Sprinkle some chat masala and serve hot.
If you feel the the tikka has gone cold , place the thread skewer on the tava and give them a good rest and turn on all sides .
You could also use Tandoori Masala for the marinade if you have…
Kashmiri Lal Powder throws such lovely color to the paneer… I m in love with it..
Source: Sanjeev Kapoor