No Second Thought as I baked these brownies…after TWO Years. They came up soo unplanned, unintentionally yet blissful.. Why B Brownies ? Infact anything.Just like another novice baker, my hands begun shiver to bake things in the oven because I do not have the control of the cooking inside the gas oven. I knew my electric oven well in my old house.
As I was putting away dishes and stacking little masala containers in the kitchen , my eyes scanned on the Brownie recipe of the ghiraldelli cocoa powder container. With Miss Pink tucked on me.. very causually I read thro the ingredients and kept ticking the list in mind. Voila!!!! I knew I had all of them .. Best bit was I knew exactly where every ingredient was while ticking the list..Only worry was Can I do it ? Shall I do it after I tuck the kids to bed at night? Then I asked myself .. Why Not? Why am I panicking with Miss Pink around? Whats the worry even if the batch doesnt turn up as planned … I have gorgeous two supporters who will back me up — My Boys !!
With a positive vigour , it was a YES YES and we did it ! Gas oven took more time to bake but the end result is right in front of you !! I let the brownies cool… for a couple of hours before I cut them into squares.. H returns from work in the evening following the trails of the beautiful aroma of the baked brownies and said wow… Lets dig.. We all gulped bites after bites with tea and enjoyed freshly baked treat after years .
As I knew we have guests the next day for lunch, I rebaked a new set the very same evening after tucking kids to bed.. The batch was absolutely gorgeous…kids, adults,chocolate lovers.. loved it ..and the tray was over as they all left !! I felt so contented and this is the story of a novice baker returning to baking !!
|Vanilla Extract||1 Tsp.|
|Butter / Margarine, Melted||1/2 Cup|
|Ghiraldelli Sweet Ground Chocolate & Cocoa||1/2 Cup|
|Plain Flour, Unsifted||2/3 Cup|
|Baking Powder||1/4 Tsp|
|Chocolate Chips|| Optional |
If using 1 cup
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Since I use a GAS Oven , I turned it to Gas Mark 4. For Temperature conversions visit my chart here.
- Using a spoon ,stir eggs, butter,vanilla with sugar.
- Sift Sweet ground Chocolate with flour,baking powder and salt.
- Stir the dry mixture into the egg mixture.
- Dry roast the walnuts under the grill for 2-3 minutes . Now crush them into fine bits with hand. Stir the nuts into the total mixture.
- Stir in Chocolate Chips… I havent used in my brownie mix.
- Spread into a greased 8″/ 9″ square pan. I have used a 9″ pan.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes depending upon the desired end result. For cake like brownies , bake for 30 minutes. If you like it extra chewy reduce your time.
- We need to ensure , the toothpick or the knife comes out clean when u stick it in the brownie.
Not reading the temperature conversion right , I had turned the gas oven to gas mark 2 (300 F) for one of my batches. And the baking time took nearly 50 minutes. But the end result was just the same…