Strawberry Lassi

Pin on Pinterest207Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on StumbleUpon0Share on Yummly17Share on Tumblr0

Strawberry Lassi

How about trying a Strawberry Lassi in less than 10 minutes?  Lassi is quite popular in the North of India, either sweet or salted. This recipe is  indeed Berry loaded.

I really do not know how to address this gorgeous weather. Is it Spring or Summer? All that I know is we are blessed with a few summery afternoons and very mild breeze just enough to lighten the day.. Evenings are pleasant enough to wrap a layer on your self…  But if at all we have had 4 warm days, 2 rainy days are a must to cool the temperature down.  Well that’s the weather in UK!!

Strawberry Lassi

“What’s the weather today,heyy !! ” as my little missy sings every day . And I would grab my iPhone to check the weather forecast on our 99% trusted BBC Weather.

One of those regular Aldi supermarket shopping visits, I bought more than a kilo of Strawberries for a real bargain. They had to be used up quickly and put to good use too .. So I made some Strawberry Jam, Strawberry Milkshake, gobbled a few just like that and some Strawberry Lassi.

I am really not sure about the difference between a plain Strawberry Smoothie and a Strawberry Lassi coz they both use Yogurt and the berries. If needed a sweetening agent too – either Honey/ Sugar entirely personal choice.

If you really know the difference, please enlighten me too..

Strawberry Lassi

How can I not shoot the gorgeous bright red berries on it own before they get into a concoction…  My daughter loves helping her mama off late when I am working . Today she was all geared up to hull to strawberries.. Caught her in action while giving them a good pat.

Strawberry Lassi

I served them in cute little milk bottles to make it more enjoyable for the kiddos.

Strawberry Lassi

Total Time: 10 Min | Serves 3

Strawberry Lassi in Milk Bottles

Ingredients
3 Cups Strawberries, hulled
1 Cup Chilled Natural Yogurt
2 Tsp Sugar / Honey
Ice cubes as desired

Sliced Strawberries for garnish

Directions:
Place all the ingredients in your powerful Optimum G2.1 blender and blend until smooth. If you enjoy it really chill, add in a few ice cubes while blending. You may even add a few ice cubes in your serving glasses and pour the delicious Lassi over them.

Notes:
You can try a lot of variations with this humble lassi. Add a pinch of cardamom or even a pinch of cinnamon. How about adding a splash of coconut milk?

Just in case you missed, my previous post was One Bowl Chocolate Cake.

Disclosure: This is a sponsored post, but as always all opinions are my own.

Freelancer Food Photographer, Recipe Developer & Food Stylist

Comments (14)

• I the bottles lined up shot soo pretty are the strawberries in pristine white and of course chakkara kutti.

• Thank you Meena… Just thinking out of the box Idea.. with those lined up bottles..

• What a refreshing post this is Sandy. The gorgeous strawberries , the cutie pie and the cute little bottles of lassi, this one post is sure over load of cuteness!

• Heyy thank u Jyo… sometimes we enjoy that extrabit of cuteness . .Don’t we.. A lil away from out Moody, drama loaded images.

• Such a cute and lovely post sandhya! Your little doll looks soo adorable! Loved the recipe and the clicks!

• Heyy thanks Janani.. Its a very simple recipe with no nonsense ingredients.. and Goodness overloaded.

• Love, love, love those pictures! Crisp, bright, and that portrait of your beautiful daughter would make Tom really proud!

• Heyy thanks so much lovely.. Tom’s headshot session really fed me with a few good pointers to take back..

• Hi Sandhya! I think this is my first comment in your blog.. Your photography skills are marvellous! and I won’t say that again for every post as it goes without saying! ;-P So I would rather talk about the recipe itself!
    I am not 100% sure of the difference between smoothie and lassi – as far as I can think it is the quantity and the type of the yogurt used. Also for Lassi, traditionally we whisk the yogurt and for smoothie we just add all to blender and blend. Flavoured lassi is made with fruit concentrate than the actual fruit itself. Now, there is now right and wrong way in cooking as long as it comes delicious and is wiped off clean! So chill..

• The Lassi is sure a humble thing but has become gorgeous with the pictures. I love the shy smile on your Lil one s face

• I love lassis! Never tried one with strawberry, though. Love the idea of adding a splash of coconut milk to this!

• Even a simple strawberry lassi looks so wonderful in your clicks. Your sweety looks sweeter when she is helping mommy.

• Wow ……..stunning photo dear……. ! Beautiful color combination n lovely styling…….. Strawberry lassi is one among the best in summer… :)n ur daughter is sooo sweet 🙂

• Simply stunning – makes me want to reach out and grab one of those bottles. Strawberries are coming in season here too and right now we have just been eating them fresh. I just love that shot of your little girl!

Write a comment