- Boiled potatoes : 2-3 large size
- Onions : 1 medium size
- Turmeric powder : 1/2 tsp
- Coriander(dhaniya) powder : 1/2 tsp
- Cumin(jeera) powder : 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder : 3/4 tsp ( optional)
- Salt to taste
- Oil :3-4 tsp
- cumin buy cipro united states seeds : 1/2 tsp
- red chilli powder : 1/2 – 1 tsp or crushed green chillies
Ps: if cumin & coriander powder are not available separately , add the dhaniya – jeera powder.
- Chop the potatoes fairly big sized than the regular size.Since the potatoes are already cooked , they tend to mash quickly.
- Chop the onions either finely or length wise.
- In a non stick wok , add 2-3 tsp of oil. Add cumin seeds and allow it to splutter.
- Now add the chopped onions and fry it until it gets transparent. Add a pinch of salt while frying the onions to remove the water content in the onions quickly & helps in quick frying.
- Add the remaining ingredients – turmeric , chilli powder, coriander ,cumin powder & salt . Also add the chopped potatoes. Now stir them until they get mixed well. Let the vegetable be stirred in low flame for about 3-5 min. ( Adding Garam Masala is optional)
- Turn off the flame . Add coriander leaves and garnish the potatoes.
- Jhatpat aloo is ready to be served.
- Medium size Onion chopped finely – 1 nos
- Medium sized tomatoes -2
- Tomato puree – 1 Tsp
- Baby Corn – 3 Nos
- Coriander leaves finely chopped
- Fresh cream – 2 tsp
- Jeera – 1tsp
- Turmeric – 1 pinch
- Dhaniya Jeera Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala -1 tsp
- Chilli Powder
- Salt to taste
- In a kadai ,add 3-4 tsp of oil. Once it gets heated ,add Jeera .Allow it to Splutter.
- Now add 3/4 of the chopped onions.Fry until it is light brown.
- Add the chopped tomatoes.fry them until the tomatoes and the onions mix well.
- In the mean while cut the baby corns in round shape.. Do not cut it length wise..
- .After 10 minutes add all the powders mentioned above…. turmeric,dhaniya jeera powder,garam masala,chilli powder and salt to taste.Mix them well for about 5 min.Once the powders are mixed well.Add the tomato puree.
- Also Add the round shapped baby corns along with the 1/4th left out onions to the fry pan.
- Stir for about 5-10 minutes. Now add 2 tsp of fresh cream and stir it until it is mixed well. Then close the fry pan with a lid .
- After 10 minutes… add the chopped coriander leaves.
- Baby corn punch is now ready to serve….
Having my upbringing in mumbai, one of my favourite food outside to grab is vada pav. Vada of vada pav is nothing but our Aloo Bonda (Most people in south fondly call). If you would love to make your own Pav click here .I have made them at home and they are not soo difficult as we think…
Its a lovely apetiser to be had on a rainy day. Enjoy it and let me know your view.
- 3 Big Potatoes: boiled ,peeled and mashed
- green chillies: 2-3 nos finely chopped
- coriander leaves : finely chopped
- salt to taste
- Bread 1/2 packet medium thickness
- Semolina ( Rava) – 1 cup
- Oil for frying
- For making Bread Rolls , first we need to make a mixture for filling into the bread.
- Now make a mixture by mixing mashed potatoes , finely chopped green chillies , coriander leaves , and salt to taste .( We could also add chopped onions or grated carrot or boiled peas to the above mixture .) Make small balls out of the mixture & keep it aside.
- In another cup , make a paste of semolina and water. let it be thick .( like a face cheap cipro online pack paste proportion).
- Take some water in a bowl and dip a bread slice for few seconds. Squeeze the water from the bread by pressing between palms gently. Now place small potato balls on the damp bread and seal the edges with rava paste. Make sure the filling does not come out from any side.
- Repeat the same procedure with the other slices .
- In a kadai , put some oil and allow it to get heated in a medium flame.
- Deep fry the bread rolls until it turns golden brown.
- For serving , cut the roll into 2 and garnish it with sliced onions & tomatoes . Serve it with tomato ketchup or coriander chutney.