Pav Bhaji… a toungue tickling & mouth watering dish that any Mumbai wala cant resist. Specially the ones made in Juhu Beach…& the ones by the road side telawala(cart guys). They have got a magic ingredient that draws anyone & everyone to their stand.
I am totally fascinated & bowled over by a Restaurant named Garnish in Matunga. A must visit place for all Pav Bhaji lovers be it Jain style or Cheesy Pav Bhaji…. or the regular one… My total inspiration for Pav Bhaji is Garnish. Still hoping to go back to Mumbai someday.. and have it there:)
Having my upbringing in mumbai, one of my favourite food outside to grab is vada pav. Vada of vada pav is nothing but our Aloo Bonda (Most people in south fondly call). If you would love to make your own Pav click here .I have made them at home and they are not soo difficult as we think…
Its a lovely apetiser to be had on a rainy day. Enjoy it and let me know your view.
- 3 Big Potatoes: boiled ,peeled and mashed
- green chillies: 2-3 nos finely chopped
- coriander leaves : finely chopped
- salt to taste
- Bread 1/2 packet medium thickness
- Semolina ( Rava) – 1 cup
- Oil for frying
- For making Bread Rolls , first we need to make a mixture for filling into the bread.
- Now make a mixture by mixing mashed potatoes , finely chopped green chillies , coriander leaves , and salt to taste .( We could also add chopped onions or grated carrot or boiled peas to the above mixture .) Make small balls out of the mixture & keep it aside.
- In another cup , make a paste of semolina and water. let it be thick .( like a face pack paste proportion).
- Take some water in a bowl and dip a bread slice for few seconds. Squeeze the water from the bread by pressing between palms gently. Now place small potato balls on the damp bread and seal the edges with rava paste. Make sure the filling does not come out from any side.
- Repeat the same procedure with the other slices .
- In a kadai , put some oil and allow it to get heated in a medium flame.
- Deep fry the bread rolls until it turns golden brown.
- For serving , cut the roll into 2 and garnish it with sliced onions & tomatoes . Serve it with tomato ketchup or coriander chutney.
Gobi Manchurian is an Indo Chinese Delicacy . A hot favourite of many and a ready moving starter in most restaurants.
Very Simple to prepare. Here we get started .