I had promised H a new snack if he comes home early on this lazy snowy day.. And he suddenly pinged a while later.. saying be ready with ur Surprise snack .. Will b home in 20 minutes…
Wondering wot to do?? Immediately started browsing this lovely easy vegetarian book that I picked from the library.Came across this yummy potato snack.. Rösti.But it had different seasoning like Sage leaves & thyme. Didnt have any of them.. Was planning for an alternative seasoning.. just then my neighbour Granny came over and handed over a Shortbread cookies for Chritsmas.. They were lovely
.. I was asking her to suggest me a sesoning .. and she said.. I could use Coriander and Parsley in Rösti and they will make a lovely Scandivian dish.
H thoroughly enjoyed & relished the taste .My 22 months old moster loved it for it was just melting in his mouth … Thats the verdict..
Sending it across to WYF: Tea Time Snack event organised by EC of Simple India Food
Frying creates a lovely crispy crusty layer just apt for Rösti. They are just delicious by itself or could be served with a green salad.
|Large Potato||: 2 Nos|
|Chopped Coriander Leaves||: 3-4 Tsp|
|Dried Parsley||: 1.5Tsp|
|Cheddar Cheese||: 3-4 Tsp|
|Olive Oil||: 4 Tsp|
|Salt||: To Taste|
|Freshly Ground Pepper||: 1/2 -3/4 tsp|
- Peel the potatoes and grate on the coarse side of the grater to get the texture. Pat dry using a kitchen paper and put it in a bowl.
- Finely chop coriander leaves . Add the herbs to the potato mixture and mix them well. Add the cheddar cheese , required salt and pepper and mix well.
- Using Hands , shape a heapful tablespoon into a ball.Repeat the process with the rest of the mixture.
- Heat Oil in a non stick fry pan , Now add the potato cake to the pan and flatten it with a long handled turner. Fry until golden brown in a low flame. Turn the Rösti over and cook for another 10-15 minutes until golden and cooked thoroughly.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the potato cakes. Transfer the rösti to a serving plate and serve with ketchup or with green salad.
We picked up farm fresh peppers from the market on the Kingston High Street.. Cant believe he sold me 13 peppers for a 1£ when any other popular grocer like Tesco, ASDA sold them for 60p each. Wot better treat could be rather than PANEER TIKKA full packed with Paneer( Indian Cottage Cheese) and Peppers.
Fried Savory flour crispies also known as Namak Pare can be easily made at home. Make them ahead in time for Holi, Diwali or even T 20 cricket.
I have got Nostalgic memories linked with this Savory Bite.Lets go flash back about 12 years to Mumbai.We had a story about Kadu manga( Small mango in chilli gravy pickle) in our english text books in Mumbai ( guess in my 8 th standard) . No one had ever heard or seen it ever in my school. I promised my friends to get it to school one day and let them taste wot it was. My friend Deepali just loved it , that she told me lets do a pact. You give me 1 bottle of Kadu Manga and I get you one Box of Methi Cuts ( Cant recollect the right name for it ).. Its also called Namak Pare..