- Boiled potatoes : 2-3 large size
- Onions : 1 medium size
- Turmeric powder : 1/2 tsp
- Coriander(dhaniya) powder : 1/2 tsp
- Cumin(jeera) powder : 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder : 3/4 tsp ( optional)
- Salt to taste
- Oil :3-4 tsp
- cumin seeds : 1/2 tsp
- red chilli powder : 1/2 – 1 tsp or crushed green chillies
Ps: if cumin & coriander powder are not available separately , add the dhaniya – jeera powder.
- Chop the potatoes fairly big sized than the regular size.Since the potatoes are already cooked , they tend to mash quickly.
- Chop the onions either finely or length wise.
- In a non stick wok , add 2-3 tsp of oil. Add cumin seeds and allow it to splutter.
- Now add the chopped onions and fry it until it gets transparent. Add a pinch of salt while frying the onions to remove the water content in the onions quickly & helps in quick frying.
- Add the remaining ingredients – turmeric , chilli powder, coriander ,cumin powder & salt . Also add the chopped potatoes. Now stir them until they get mixed well. Let the vegetable be stirred in low flame for about 3-5 min. ( Adding Garam Masala is optional)
- Turn off the flame . Add coriander leaves and garnish the potatoes.
- Jhatpat aloo is ready to be served.