Let’s start this New Year 2018 with this Roasted Carrot Soup !
Heyy Lovely Folks!! Hope you guys have been well.. I know, I know that I went MIA without any notice.. Just before I left for our long awaited family reunion in the US, I fell poorly with chesty cough and cold. With so many things on the card, I really couldn’t write about our holiday planning.
How was your Christmas Break? How is the New Year treating you ??
Things have been fabulous at my end. For the first time in 2 years, I went on a holiday leaving my DSLR behind and I did not shoot any pictures at all:) My betterhalf and the rest of the family shot pictures on the go. It felt absolutely rejuvenating doing things that I had not done in sometime. For a change, I was in the frames and not behind the camera.. Wohoo…
We were royally spoilt and treated in the US and we loved every bit of our holiday. We also visited Orlando and enjoyed Universal Studios and Disney Typhoon Lagoon. I tried Butter Beer for the first time again…just outside the Harry Potter Adventures ride. That ButterScotch fizz drink loaded with cream was so so good.
What else? There were many first times this holiday! Our plane didn’t land at Atlanta ( our destination ) instead got redirected to Cincinnati. Another first time redirection:)
I am not going to let my US holidays override this post for Roasted Carrot Soup!
Soon before the break, I went on a Soup Marathon for lunch for almost 10 days! And this roasted carrot soup is my take to a perfect light lunch and to soothe crackling croak-y throat.
Well this soup recipe might sound a bit fancy.. But trust me, its all about putting the ingredients to roast in the pan for a few minutes. Roasting simply brings out the best flavours out of the carrots, onions and garlic.
Roasted Carrot soup might look complicated but the ingredients and process are unassumingly basic. And yes, it is V-E-G-A-N too!
More SOUP Recipe Inspirations
VEGAN Roasted Carrot Soup Recipe
- 6 Large Carrots roughly cubed
- 1 Red Onion sliced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Large Vine Tomatoes chopped roughly
- Olive Oil
- 1 Cup of water plus more if neeeded.
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Garnish with Parsley
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Add carrots, onions,tomatoes and garlic in the baking dish. Remember the dish should be large enough to have all the ingredients in a layer. Generously drizzle olive oil. Sprinkle some salt and bake them for about 20-30 minutes until well roasted or until the tomatoes just begin to char and release their juices. Allow the ingredients to cool down slightly.
- Transfer the soup ingredients along with a Cup of water and puree until smooth. Return the soup to the pot and heat over medium heat. Season the roasted carrot soup with salt and pepper. Liquidise the carrot soup with more water if desired.
- Garnish with Parsley and serve the roasted carrot soup with parmesan toast.