I have been reading about Soya for quite sometime….though I have never been fond of it. On my husband’s request , I tried my hands on Soya chunks… and believe me the curry was delicious.
What do we need for this preparation??
- Soya chunks : 2 cups
- Onions: 1 nos . Chop them length wise finely
- Tomato: 1 nos : Dice them finely
- Tomato puree : 3-4 tsp
- Garlic : 2 pods .Chop them finely
- Ginger: 1 tsp grated
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Green Chilli: 1 -3 nos Chopped finely .
- Turmeric : 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala : 3/4 tsp
- Cinamon powder: 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cumin seeds : 1 tsp
- Oil : 2-3 tsp
How to go about making this curry?
- Soak the soya chunks in boiled water for about half an hour. Squeeze out all the extra water from the chunks .Cut them into pieces if required.
- In a kadai , pour 2 tsp of oil . Drop Cumin seeds. Once they splutter , add sliced onions . Add a pinch of salt to remove the water content from the onions quickly. Saute for few more min.
- Now add garlic ,ginger, chopped green chillies to the sauted onions. Saute for 2 more min. I generally prefer medium spice in my food. So just used about 1 green chilli crushed. Use it to your spice.
- To the above mixture , add chopped tomato, tomato puree, turmeric powder ,cinamon powder & garam masala powder and saute for some more time.
- Add the soya chunks to this sauted mixture above . Keep stiring until the masala blends well with Soya. Sprinkle few droplets of water to it if required. Add the required salt & stir the curry on and off for 5- 8 min.
- Garnish the Soya Chunks curry with coriander leaves.
- Serve them hot with rotis or bread.
Sending this entry to Viki’s Side dish for Chapathi Event
- Medium size Onion chopped finely – 1 nos
- Medium sized tomatoes -2
- Tomato puree – 1 Tsp
- Baby Corn – 3 Nos
- Coriander leaves finely chopped
- Fresh cream – 2 tsp
- Jeera – 1tsp
- Turmeric – 1 pinch
- Dhaniya Jeera Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala -1 tsp
- Chilli Powder
- Salt to taste
- In a kadai ,add 3-4 tsp of oil. Once it gets heated ,add Jeera .Allow it to Splutter.
- Now add 3/4 of the chopped onions.Fry until it is light brown.
- Add the chopped tomatoes.fry them until the tomatoes and the onions mix well.
- In the mean while cut the baby corns in round shape.. Do not cut it length wise..
- .After 10 minutes add all the powders mentioned above…. turmeric,dhaniya jeera powder,garam masala,chilli powder and salt to taste.Mix them well for about 5 min.Once the powders are mixed well.Add the tomato puree.
- Also Add the round shapped baby corns along with the 1/4th left out onions to the fry pan.
- Stir for about 5-10 minutes. Now add 2 tsp of fresh cream and stir it until it is mixed well. Then close the fry pan with a lid .
- After 10 minutes… add the chopped coriander leaves.
- Baby corn punch is now ready to serve….