Can you believe I haven’t recorded a dedicated post for raitha .. When its just made in a jiffy ..What do I say for this easy peesy lemon squeezy raitha… It doesn’t take any more than 15 minutes. A great accompaniment for Paratha’s or Pulav.
T here are many times we prepare quick and with minimum ingredients.. and they taste divine and bliss than the ones we do with elaborate preparations.
Tamarind Dates Dip or Red( Lal) Chutney or shall I say just Imli ka Chutney.. is one among them.
Because I make it at home love the addition of Dates and make it more healthy.
My normal method would include boiling the tamarind , dates and jaggery in water for atleast 15 minutes and pulsating them in blender on cooling. But this one was just on the go….. 15 Min.. and ready!
I didnt do any specific planning to prepare this.. Felt just yogurt dip would be incomplete without imli ka chutney for this savory snack.
Thanks to the Capsicum vendor at the farmer’s market who sold me at a real bargain .This instigated me to have a hands on at it… Well a definitely good try…. and will suggest novice starters to try them as their first preparation.
Coming to the recipe… Google is the best open book ,picked up tips from here and there.. and finally collated into My recipe..
I have been reading about Soya for quite sometime….though I have never been fond of it. On my husband’s request , I tried my hands on Soya chunks… and believe me the curry was delicious.
What do we need for this preparation??
- Soya chunks : 2 cups
- Onions: 1 nos . Chop them length wise finely
- Tomato: 1 nos : Dice them finely
- Tomato puree : 3-4 tsp
- Garlic : 2 pods .Chop them finely
- Ginger: 1 tsp grated
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Green Chilli: 1 -3 nos Chopped finely .
- Turmeric : 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala : 3/4 tsp
- Cinamon powder: 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cumin seeds : 1 tsp
- Oil : 2-3 tsp
How to go about making this curry?
- Soak the soya chunks in boiled water for about half an hour. Squeeze out all the extra water from the chunks .Cut them into pieces if required.
- In a kadai , pour 2 tsp of oil . Drop Cumin seeds. Once they splutter , add sliced onions . Add a pinch of salt to remove the water content from the onions quickly. Saute for few more min.
- Now add garlic ,ginger, chopped green chillies to the sauted onions. Saute for 2 more min. I generally prefer medium spice in my food. So just used about 1 green chilli crushed. Use it to your spice.
- To the above mixture , add chopped tomato, tomato puree, turmeric powder ,cinamon powder & garam masala powder and saute for some more time.
- Add the soya chunks to this sauted mixture above . Keep stiring until the masala blends well with Soya. Sprinkle few droplets of water to it if required. Add the required salt & stir the curry on and off for 5- 8 min.
- Garnish the Soya Chunks curry with coriander leaves.
- Serve them hot with rotis or bread.
Sending this entry to Viki’s Side dish for Chapathi Event