Festival season has kicked in and its time for sweets. Among all festivals, Ganesha festival is my favourite as he is the vignahartha and my favourite god.Secondly its for the yummy koyakattai’s. I managed to make 21 of them with this receipe below. My mom & grandma are real specialists at it . I got this receipe from them.
- Mustard Seeds 1/4 tsp
- Urd Dal 1/4 tsp
- Oil 4 tsp
- Asofoetida 1/4 tsp
- Green Chilli 4 -6 Slit into 2 halves . (Depending upon hotness)
How to make Pulikachal??
- Add Tamarind to 2 glasses of warm water. Once it softens , squeeze out the tamarind order propecia india juice properly.
- Pour the oil in a kadai. Once it gets hot, add the seasoning ingredients ( Mustard seeds , urd dal , Asofoetida , Turmeric powder). Once the mustard seeds splutter , add ginger and green chillies.
Fry all for about 2 min.
- Now add the squeezed tamarind juice and salt to the above fried ingredients.
- Once quantity of tamarind water added becomes half , add jaggery & again 1 glass of water.
Allow it boil again. Now when the quantity is partially reduced , remove the Pulikachal from the gas.
- Pulikachal is now ready to be served with Molagutal.
- Tamarind : Small lemon sized quantity
- Sambar Powder 1-1.5 tsp
- Asafoetida (Hing ) Powder : sprinkle a little
- chuddakkai / marthankali /Parika vettal : 10 -15 nos
- Rice Powder 1-1.5 tsp
- Jaggery : small piece or 1 tsp sugar
- For seasoning : mustard – 1/2 tsp , methi seeds – 1/2 tsp , chana dal -1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves /karugapulai / kadi patha
- To a small cup of warm water add tamarind. Once it softens , squeeze out all the tamarind juice mixture .
- To this mixture add Sambar powder, Asafoetida & salt and keep it aside.
- In a Saucepan lit on the stove ,add 2 tsp of oil . To it ,add buy valtrex america mustard, methi seeds , chana dal and any one of the vettals ( marthankali, chundakai or parikai) . Fry together with Curry leaves.
- Once the above ingredients splutter in oil , add it to the tamarind mixture .
- Place the tamarind mixture on the stove . All it to boil .
- Now add 1- 1.5 tsp of fine Rice powder to it. ( This will enable to Sambar to get some consistency)
- Add sufficient water to it and allow it to boil .
- If sweetness is required , add a small piece of jaggery or 1 tsp of sugar.
- Marthankali sambar is ready to be served.
A protien rich lentil soup loaded with vegetables is Molagooshyam. Its ideal for people on diet or looking for a light meal over dinner.
Molagooshyam is a traditional dish from Palakad Cuisine. This dish was introduced to me by my partner in crime at home Mr SK. He knows to cook some of his comfort dishes and this one among them. Amma had only made, probably as far as I took interest only the elaborate version of this dish – Molagutal which requires grinding coconut, cumin seeds and stirring in the lentil vegetable mixture steamed in the cooker. Anyways that is in my coming posts.