B ringing this Podi straight from my grandma’s kitchen. This was first among the recipes I jotted before moving to London . You will find a difference in my lingo in this post… 🙂 Coz its just as my darling granny told me in her broken tanglish and I did a literal translation. Till date I have never bought any of these kitchen essential powders.. Just love the home made aroma…
|Dhaniya ( Coriander Seeds)||: 1 Cup|
|Molagavettal (Dry red Chilli)||: 1/2 Cup|
|Kadala parup (Chana Dal)||: 1 tsp|
|Tuvaram parup(Tur dal)||: 4 tsp|
|Mendiyam (Methi Seeds)||: 1 tsp|
|Jeera (Cumin Seeds)||:2 tsp|
|Karugapulai(Curry Leaves)||:Few for fragrance|
|Peringayam(Asofoetidata)||: 2 tsp|
|Kadugu (Mustard Seeds)||: 1/4 tsp|
- First fry ingredients 4 to 10 in a saucepan until it turns light red in color.Meanwhile just before transfering to a plate add curry leaves and fry for 1 min or so. Now remove it and place it in a wide plate to cool down .
- Fry ingredients 1 to 3 until it gets a little heated.
- Once All the fried ingredients get cooled , grind them together.
- Rasam powder is ready to be used.
- This powder can be made in large quantities and stored in air tight container.