Feels quite elated , when my tot SK has had One Lakh Hits…. Little did I realise when I started this blog to catalogue my collected recipes.. I will have this day . On the joyous occasion of Diwali, the festival of lights , it was raining outside and just Halloween decorations everywhere..when I spent all day sitting on the couch literally doing nothing ,where I hoped to see some glitters , lights ,sparkles and cheer…
By the dusk, Mr SK was kind enough to get me out of the gloom by returning home early and arranging for a dinner with friends at a South Indian Restaurant… Aahh.. Wot relief!!! A little chit chat.. and trying to comfort each other ..On our return home , we presented Lil V his Diwali present in order to make up for the missing cheer that day.. I log in a few minutes to 12 in the blogger and discovered my blog having 100000 Hits..
Aaah …what better way can it be to celebrate Diwali, giving me absolute bundle of joy…. Thank you all my lovely Visitors , Blog Mates ,Friends & Family who have contributed to each visit…
Hope you are enjoying the new facet of Sandhya’s Kitchen.I have spent sundry hours working on this template , to make it more user friendly,fascinating & practicable.. That’s just not all ..
I m starting a Guest Blogger series where Its an absolute pleasure in showcasing my favourite bloggers with their recipes.Through this series, I want you to know, what SK loves to read, honours and enjoys. So why wait ???
Please welcome my first guest, Raje, the writer & photographer behind the ever popular Raks Kitchen
. I have come to know Raje ever since I begun this blog, nearly two and half years ago and have always looked up to her space. At the same time, an honest and pleasant soul comes through her recipes, writing and photography…I know I just cannot wait to make her speciality Buns – The Pizza Buns for my family and relish a quickie composed pizza. Welcome Raje to SK !!
Please don’t forget to hop onto her website after this .
I am so excited and happy to write my very first guest post to Sandhya and I thank you for giving me the opportunity! And I feel honoured to do a guest post for a wonderful,talented blogger like you,who has a great passion about it and have a great photography skill and lovely writing style!
And Coming to the recipe, this idea flashed,when I saw a pamphlet I got from 7 eleven introducing Pizza bites. I loved the idea and thought it would be easy to make at home. As I have been making pizza from the scratch for quite a while now and have tried several buns, I was pretty confident in try these and enjoyed making these. This could be an easy party snack idea, kids would be super excited to have it and sure we can also enjoy this. The stuffing is flexible so you can experiment it with your favourite topping,let it be simple like what I have used or add on your favourites like black olives,mushrooms…it’s your choice!
Ingredients (Makes around 8 buns)
For the Dough
|All purpose flour||1 & 1/2 cup|
|olive oil||1/8 cup|
|Sugar||1 & 1/2 tsp|
|Active dry yeast||1 tblsp|
For the filling
|Grated mozzarella cheese||1/2 cup|
|Pizza sauce or any tomato based sauce||2 tsp|
|Italian herb of ur choice||1 tsp|
|Red chilli flakes||1 tsp|
- Heat milk until lukewarm,dissolve sugar and yeast. Let it rest for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes the mixture would have been raised to frothy, proving that the yeast is active. If not,your yeast is not active and use active yeast.
- Meanwhile, take flour in a large bow and make a dent in the middle. Add salt, oil and the yeast mixture in the dent and make a smooth pliable dough. If sticky sprinkle little more flour,if too dry sprinkle some water. The dough should be smooth and pliable.
- Let it rest for 1 hour, wrap the bowl with cling wrap. After an hour the dough should have been raised. Punch it down and knead to make it smooth.
- Make equal sized balls and arrange in a greased baking tray.Meanwhile prepare the filling. Heat a pan with oil and fry capsicums,tomato and onion for just a minute. Cool down and add sauce, cheese, Italian seasoning, salt and chilli flakes . Mix well.
- Flatten the prepared dough balls and keep a small lemon sized ball of the filling.
- Pinch the edges towards centre to cover the filling as shown in the picture. Arrange in the baking tray with the sealed side down. Make sure you have sealed properly,otherwise, the cheese will ooze out.
- Pre heat the oven to 190o C and till then brush the buns with milk little and bake it for 18-20 minutes or until the buns start becoming golden brown on the top. Brush generously with butter after done.
Serve hot with tomato ketchup or chilly sauce! Enjoy it with your favourite drink!
- While sealing the buns, you can use water if you find it difficult to do so.
- Adjust the baking time accordingly. Keep an eye on the buns after 15 minutes.
- You can sprinkle white sesame seeds or even chilli flakes on the top before baking the buns.