Let me introduce you to the Awesomest Healthy Chips, something that you can gobble every single day – Beetroot Chips. All thanks to the Philips Airfyer that contributes to making my life easier and healthy living.
Sometime last year when we visited our friends for dinner, they had offered us a portion of the Root Vegetable Chips. It had Turnips, Beetroot, Carrots, Sweet Potato etc.. We all loved it soo much that we had to request them for more. After a while, the host brought the tub of these crunchies onto the table. Believe it or not – the whole tub was gone in a few minutes amongst 10 of us. Scanning through the label we realised it was from Costco and it was on popular demand thereafter.
Since they do mega size portions, buying them regularly never happened . But our love for these root vegetable chips always lingered around.
Philips recently challenged me to swap my takeaway for a Take In using the new Philips Airfryer. #AirFryerTakeIn And the same minute I had my first recipe in mind.
Mindblowing Food with minimum or No Oil, No-Nonsense functionality, and Easy cleanup, my new gizmo was on fire. It has been working hard literally for hours that day. Made Carrot Chips, Sweet potato wedges and Beetroot chips in many batches.. Trust me they were all nearly gone the same day leaving a portion just for the pictures. I had to Shoo my husband away when he actually reached out to the last lot.
We did not have any guilt of gobbling any of these chips as they were absolutely healthy and we know what went into it. In fact, these chips have gone up onto my weekly menu for the following week. Isn’t it great news!!
Now a little about the coolest gadget – Philips Viva Airfryer. All the action happens between the temperature knob and the timer button , making it Extremely simple with no-nonsense operations.
The Philips Airfryer is a healthier,‘no oil’ fryer using Rapid Air Technology, allowing you to ‘fry with air’ for food crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. With this ‘new’ Rapid Air Technology, one can fry,bake and even grill food with literally little or no oil.
Now that you are introduced to my newest favourite kitchen gadget, let me share the recipe for the most awesome healthiest chips. Even if you hate Beet, try one – you will love it – Beetroot Chips !!
Even if you hate Beet, try it!! You will love the chips.
- 2 Medium Sized Beetroot
- 1/2 Tsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper Optional
- Wash the Beetroot, peel the skin and set the skin aside. Using a mandoline slicer, slice them thin. Alternatively, if you don't have a slicer, slice them uniformly thin with your knife.
- Use the skin to dye your prop if you want to or dump it into your food waste.
- Spread the beetroot slices on the paper and place another paper on top of it. Keep it aside for 10 minutes. This process will enable to absorb any extra moisture on the beetroot thins.
- Sprinkle the needed salt on the beetroot.
- Preheat the Airfryer to 150 C for 4 minutes. Pull the basket from the air fryer and place the chips in them. Slide it back in the air fryer and fry for 15 minutes. Make sure to remove in between after every 5 minutes and give it a good shake. Once the chips are slightly crisp on the outer edges and tender in the middle, allow them to cool down for some time.
- Slide the basket with the chips back again and heat at 180 C for another 3 minutes. The chips will be really crisp overall and perfect to much right away.
- Season with Sea Salt and freshly ground pepper if you like or just munch it as it is.. We love it either way.
Sandhya’s Kitchen was kindly provided with Philips Viva Airfryer for Review and Recipe Challenge. All opinion expressed here are of my own and under no influence.