Hands Down,This is one of the BEST Matar Paneer Butter Masala that can be made at home in less than 30 Minutes. And Yes this recipe doesn’t call for any Onions too.
I am totally in mood to scrap some of my old images in the blog posts with a fresh outlook. I don’t find it fair when some amazing recipes get lost owing to crappy images and not having any appropriate SEO tags. But thats how it works.
This post Matar Paneer Butter Masala dates back to March 2010 when I had posted a series of party dinner menu ideas from my Boy’s birthday party. I am still retaining my first image for the post , also to indicate the growth over the last 7 years.
What an awesome journey it has been and I’ m totally enjoying every bit rejoicing those old times. Social Media like Facebook was merely to connect with bloggers, when the majority of recipe sharing happened by blog hopping. Those were the days!
As time changes, we all adapt to the new modern techniques to spread the word.
As I was revisiting my older posts, I realised this long lost recipe ( in my blog) needs more love. Its an awesome recipe that we totally enjoy . A lot of celebrations and weeknight dinners does have these delicious Mutter Paneer Butter Masala.
But why Matar ( Mutter or Peas ) to the traditional Paneer Butter Masala?
Well, I find a perfect reason to include Shelled peas to my children’s diet where they can’t refuse. They enjoy Paneer but it comes along with Matar too. I try not to be a typical mum , but inturn become one who tries to fight opportunities to stuff in extra portions of vegetables and fruits.
Without holding much, I would love to share this yummilicious Fool Proof Matar Paneer Butter Masala with you.
Matar Paneer Butter Masala can be prepared in 30 minutes. No Onions needed for the recipe.
- 250 g Paneer cut into approx 16 cubes
- 3/4 Cup Boiled Peas
- 2 Large Vine Tomatoes
- 3 Garlic Pods
- 1 ' Ginger
- 1 Tblspn Double Concentrate Tomato Puree
- 1 Tsp Tomato Ketchup
- 3/4 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1 Tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Chilli Powder
- Approx 3/4 - 1 Tsp Salt to taste
- 1 Tsp Kasturi Methi
- 2 Tblspn Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Cup Semi Skimmed Milk
- 1/4 Cup Cream
- 1/4- 1/2 Cup of water as needed
- 11/2 Tsp Honey
- 2 Bayleaf
- 10 -12 Nos Cashewnut soaked in 1/4 Cup hot water atleast for 15 minutes
- Fine blend the Soaked Cashewnut and set it aside.
- Heat butter in a non stick pan , Add bay leaves and saute for a minute. Make a fine paste grinding together tomatoes, ginger,garlic. Add them to the pan and cook until the tomatoes begin to reduce.
- Add double concentrate tomato puree and tomato sauce to the mixture and cook for a minute. Add all the powders - turmeric,cumin, coriander ,garam masala and salt .Cook until butter/ghee separates from the masala's.
- Add a rounded Tsp of honey along with milk, cashewnut puree, cream and about 1/4 cup of water and allow it to boil. Make sure to cover the gravy with a lid as the tomatoes puree tend to splutter out. Add in Peas along with paneer and the required salt and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Garnish with ,kasturi methi(remember to fry the methi for few sec on the tava and then crush them between ur palm) & coriander leaves and serve Mutter Paneer Butter Masala hot with nan or phulkas.
If you are using frozen peas, you could add it to the gravy along with paneer. But in case you are using fresh peas, remember to cook it in advance.