Nothing can beat the flavors of homemade spice Powders. Yep!! I am talking about the Homemade Achari Masala Powder that I recently made.
Yohoo… One more recipe to my Indian Cuisine repertoire this month! We love Achari Curries – specially Achari Aloo, Achari Bhindi, Achari Paneer and Achari Gobi too.
It was last week, I posted a recipe for Achari Gobi, where these essential 5 spices were dry roasted and ground just enough for the curry. Since we use a lot of these Spice Powder mix in my curry, I often grind and prepare a larger batch!! Just like Homemade Sambar Powder, Rasam Powder, Andhra Chutney Powder , Edible Gun Powder, this Achari Masala Powder is loaded with flavors with dry roasted spices.
Homemade Spice Mixes reflect the personality and that touch of individual person. A little proportion and a little over or under roasting could change the whole dimension the Spice flavors. Even today, I bring my Sambar and Rasam Powder from home and enjoy the flavors with Amma’s( Mom) Hands.
But I enjoy learning and making these Spice blends over the course of years. Today in this post, I am sharing an Achari Masala ( Pickling Spices ) powder that is commonly used in my cooking at home.
- 6 Tsp Cumin seeds
- 6 Tsp Fennel seeds
- 2 Tsp Fenugreek seeds
- 6 Tsp Nigella seeds
- 6 Tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Turmeric
- 2 Tsp Ground Mango Powder Amchoor Powder
- 18- 20 Dried Red Chillies
- Dry Roast Cumin Seeds, Fennel Seeds, Nigella Seeds, Mustard Seeds and Methi Seeds for about 3 minutes until lightly fragrant.
- Add Turmeric Powder and set it aside.
- Dry Roast Red chillies separately and set them aside.
- Grind them all together into a medium coarse textured powder . Stir in Mango Powder and store them into an Air tight container for future use.