Quick, easy to make, and delicious – these Air fryer Baked Sweet Potatoes recipe are going to be your favourite! Learn how to bake sweet potato with these tips and tricks!
About this Easy Air fryer Baked Sweet Potato
Our family loves potatoes and they could literally eat them for every single meal a day – I really mean it! However, I like to strike a balance and give them a healthy superfood vegetable like Sweet Potato in their diet in some form or the other.
Sweet potatoes are packed with Vitamin C and fibre and a super-easy way to sneak into the diet.
Mexican Sweet Potato cubes, Sweet Potato fries, and Sweet potato flatbread are some of our family favorites along with this air fryer baked sweet potato.
I can tell you, over a period of time I have converted my husband from a sweet potato hater to a sweet potato lover! What more could I ask for.
Baked Sweet Potato in the Air fryer is super easy to make. Why heat up the kitchen , when roasting the sweet potatoes work well in the air fryer!
Why you will love this recipe?
Baking Sweet Potatoes in the Air fryer is quicker than in the oven.
Air frying the whole sweet potatoes requires minimal prep. No peeling, dicing, and boiling!
Serves well as a main or side dish.
Versatile – serve with your favorite toppings or use as an ingredient for meal prep.
Dietary needs – Naturally Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy-free, and Gluten-free
Great for meal prep ahead. You can use them to make sweet potato mash, puree, or even use them in flatbreads.
Nutrient-rich tender sweet potatoes are a must for a healthy eating routine.
And so much healthier than white potatoes – so enjoy them guilt-free
How to make Perfectly Baked Sweet Potatoes in the Air fryer?
You will only need 3 Ingredients & 4 easy Steps for Perfect baked sweet potatoes recipe – Sweet Potato, Oil and Salt!
- Clean the Sweet Potatoes.
- Poke the Sweet Potatoes a couple of times with a fork – Do not skip this step for air frying/roasting.
- Massage the sweet potatoes with olive oil and salt.
- Air fry at 200C for 45 minutes. Allow the baked sweet potatoes to cool down for at least 5 minutes before serving.Serve Hot!
Tips for cooking Baked Sweet Potato
Pick the right size of sweet potato – I like to pick similar sweet potato, as they will bake evenly with a light & fluffy texture and crispy skin.
Clean – Clean the Sweet Potatoes really well. Wash and scrub the orange flesh vegetable a couple of times until clean. Dry it with a clean towel.
No Moisture – Make sure the Potatoes are dried really well before baking or roasting ( not steaming!)
Poke enough – Just like how you make baked potatoes, poke the sweet potatoes with a fork or small knife really well before air frying. This step will keep the sweet potatoes bursting in the air fryer.
Serving Suggestions for Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Side dish – Air fryer sweet potatoes are versatile and can be a delicious side to the main course. Enjoy them plain with your favorite toppings like sour cream, baked beans, or even butter and herbs/seasoning.
- Instead of White Potato– Use them in recipes that call for white potatoes for a healthy swap.
- Meal prep -Use them as a puree for baby food, or make sweet potato flatbread or even chickpea sweet potato burger patties. Options are endless!
Don’t own an Air fryer, try Instant Pot Pressure cooker Sweet Potatoes
More Air fryer Vegan recipes
- 4 Medium Sweet Potatoes (About 114g each)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ Tsp Salt
- 2 cubes of Butter
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ½ Tsp Pepper
- Cheese as needed optional
- 2 Tbsp Chives
- Wash and Scrub the sweet Potatoes a couple of times. Dry it well.
- Poke the Sweet Potatoes a couple of times with a fork. ( This step is essential for air frying and roasting )
- Drizzle Olive oil, sprinkle salt and massage the sweet potatoes until well coated.
- Select Air Fry, and set the temperature to 200°C and the time to 45 minutes, then touch Start to preheat the Vortex. When the display indicates “Add Food” carefully place the sweet potatoes into the basket. Turn them when prompted at half time.
- When the Air Fry program is complete, remove the baked potatoes and place it on a place. Allow to cool down for 5 minutes.
- To serve, Split potatoes down the middle, add butter, salt & pepper and chives. Serve Hot!
Air fryer lid instructions
- Place the inner stainless steel pot into the Instant Pot cooker base and Insert the air fryer basket with basket base.Place the Air fryer Lid on the cooker base.
- Select the AIRFRY programme. Adjust the +/- keys to adjust the Time and Temperature to 200 C and 45 minutes. Press Start. At half time, give it shake with a non stick spatula.