Want an easy peasy air fryer french toast sticks recipe? Made with few ingredients, this french toast is too good to miss. Serve with maple syrup, cinnamon sugar, and berries!
About this easy French toast sticks recipe
How much do you enjoy breakfast that is quick and easy and also qualifies as a dessert? Has your mouth-watered every time you have the famous Burger King french toast sticks? In case you have answered yes to both these questions, then this air fryer french toast sticks recipe is just the thing that you need.
Most of the time, people miss out on the most important meal of the day. How about starting your day with a good serving of these french toast sticks for breakfast served with maple syrup on special mornings? Every Thursday, my kids would request breakfast desserts something like this French Toast or Classic Waffles, or fluffy Pancakes. So it has kind of become customary to make a quick easy delicious treat breakfast midweek once and on Saturday mornings!
This french toast stick recipe requires only a handful of ingredients that you most probably have in your cabinets. I use an Instant Pot Air fryer Vortex 6 in 1 and this french toast comes together quickly with hardly any babysitting time.
Did I tell you, The air fryer also allows me to multitask whilst the delicious french toast is frying!
Why you’ll love this recipe?
- It is so quick and easy to make!
- Enjoy Breakfast for Dessert.
- Our easy homemade french toast sticks recipe needs 8 ingredients and about 20 minutes maximum.
- Best alternative to Burger King French Toast sticks.
- No deep frying – If you need a way to make breakfast in the air fryer then this french toast sticks air fryer is definitely the thing for you.
- Healthier than regular french toast, as the recipe only uses 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Something that No one can resist!
This recipe for French toast sticks only uses few ingredients and is ready within minutes. You will need
Bread – I love using Brioche bread for my french toast recipes, as it quite rich, delicious, and toasts really well with very little added butter.
Maple Syrup – to add an extra oomph flavor to the recipe. You can swap for Granulated sugar to add sweetness.
Milk or Whipping Cream – I use Brioche bread for the recipe, which is quite rich. So I prefer using Whole Milk. However, if you are using white bread, I can highly recommend using whipping cream as this will leave you with a rich texture.
Vanilla Extract – takes the recipe to the next level.
Nutmeg, Cinnamon – This recipe uses Cinnamon for flavoring, and the french toast tastes so much like cinnamon doughnuts!
Melted Butter – Place the butter in a microwave-safe bowl and melt it for just 10 seconds.
Detailed instructions on How to make French toast sticks is mentioned in the recipe card below!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How to freeze French toast sticks? Allow the French toast to cool down completely and transfer them to a freezer-safe bag like Ziploc. Store it in the freezer for up to 6 months.
How to cook frozen french toast sticks in the Air Fryer? Place the frozen French toast in the air fryer and cook for 5 minutes at 200 C / 400 F. Flip over at halftime.
Recipe Notes | Tips
- Mix the wet ingredients in a shallow dish. This makes it easier to dip the bread sticks!
- Do not soak the sticks for too long, as it can get soggy.
- Use a Brioche bread or Thick stale bread, rather than a regular sandwich bread.
- My preference is brioche bread as the french toast turns out really rich and delicious. Also you need to use less sweetner when using brioche bread comparatively.
- While making french toast sticks airfryer make sure that you don’t overcrowd with too many breadsticks at once and cook in lots.
- To add more volume to the egg mixture you can even add heavy whipping cream instead of milk.
Serving Suggestions for air fryer french toast
- Serve this breakfast dessert with toppings like pure maple syrup or powdered sugar.
- This also pairs excellently as a side serve with fruit salad.
- Can also be enjoyed with soft and fluffy scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, sauted mushrooms and tomatoes.
IF YOU LOVE THIS AIR FRYER RECIPE, YOU WILL ALSO LOVE these AIR FRYER DESSERTS
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE, YOU WILL ALSO LOVE THESE VEGAN DIPPING SAUCES
HAVE YOU MADE THIS RECIPE?
Be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a ★ rating!
How to make French Toast in Air fryer?
- 3 Slices Brioche Bread or Thick White loaf
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- ¼ Tsp Nutmeg
- ½ Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- ½ Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp Butter melted
- Cinnamon Sugar
- Maple Syrup
- Combine Egg, Milk, Butter, Vanilla, Maple Syrup, Nutmeg, and Cinnamon and transfer to a shallow dish.
- Cut each slice of bread into 4 sticks.
- Dip one stick at a time into the egg mixture, shaking off the excess, and place it on a plate.
- Select AIR FRY and program to 190°C for 8 minutes. Touch Start.
- When the display indicates Add Food, arrange the french toast sticks in a basket.
- Flip them when prompted.
- Once the air frying cycle is done, remove the sticks, dust with cinnamon sugar, and serve with maple syrup.
Allow the French toast to cool down completely and transfer them to a freezer safe bag like Ziploc. Store it in the freezer for upto 6 months. How to cook frozen french toast sticks in the Air Fryer:
Place the frozen French toast in the air fryer and cook for 5 minutes at 200 C / 400 F. Flip over at half time.