This Air fryer Hard boiled eggs recipe is a game changer. With this method, you’ll be able to have perfectly cooked eggs that are easy to peel, ready in minutes and require no prep. You’ll never want to cook eggs any other way again!
Air fryer Hard boiled Eggs
I love cooking hard boiled eggs in my air fryer. It’s so quick and easy compared to traditional boiling methods. Plus, it saves me time and energy, and I can make a large quantity of eggs in one go. Once you try making hard boiled eggs in the air fryer, you’ll never want to go back to the boiling method.
For example, my Instant Pot air fryer has a larger capacity and can cook up to 12-18 eggs at once. I use an Instant Pot Versazone or Instant Pot Vortex. This is particularly convenient when I’m catering to friends and family for breakfast after a sleepover or on busy mornings like Boxing Day.
It’s just so convenient and easy to use.
Why should you try this air fryer method for cooking eggs?
- It’s quick and easy to make.
- You can cook multiple eggs at once, which is great for meal prep or entertaining.
- The eggs are consistent and perfectly cooked every time.
- There’s no need to watch a pot of water boil, so it’s hands-free cooking. Just set the timer on the air fryer and forget about it.
- Eggs peel easily, which can be a problem with traditional boiling methods.
- It’s more energy efficient than stovetop cooking.
- Eggs are a fantastic source of protein and an easier way to add them to your diet.
How to make Hard boiled eggs in the air fryer?
To make air fryer eggs, place eggs in the air fryer basket, set the temperature to 120C (250F) and cook for 12-16 minutes. That’s all you need to do!
The cooking time may vary based on the size of the eggs, the desired doneness and your air fryer. For a softer boiled egg, you will need about 12 minutes.
It’s that simple! Keep in mind that the cooking time may vary based on your air fryer and the size of the eggs. If you prefer softer boiled eggs, you can reduce the cooking time to 12 minutes.
When I first tried cooking eggs in my air fryer, I used to cook them at 125C(257F) or 132C (270F) for 16 minutes. Although the eggs were perfectly cooked, I noticed that the egg whites were a little bit brown on the outside after peeling. So, I experimented a bit and found that reducing the time to 120C(250F) made all the difference.
Peel Hard boiled eggs easily
Ice bath or Cold water: After boiling, you should leave the eggs in the ice bath or cold water for at least 5 minutes to fully cool and make them easier to peel. This stope the eggs from cooking further.
Peel: To peel, simply tap each egg on your kitchen counter to crack the shell all over. Then gently start peeling until all the shell is removed.
Serving suggestions for Hard Boiled Egg
- Snack: Simply peel and eat as a healthy and protein-packed snack.
- Meal prep: Use the boiled egg in this South Indian Egg curry recipe.
- Breakfast: Assemble a breakfast sandwich by layering sliced avocado and grated hard-boiled egg on an English muffin or toast, then drizzle with sriracha sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Salad topping: Chop the hard-boiled eggs and add them to pasta salad, buddha bowl, potato salads, for a boost of protein.
Storing Air fryer Hard boiled eggs
- With shells on: The best way to store hard-boiled eggs is keeping them in shells in a covered container in the refrigerator. The shells will help to protect the eggs from unwanted odour and keep them fresh for up to a week.
- Peeled eggs: If you have already peeled the eggs, it is best to store them in an airtight container with a damp paper towel to help prevent them from drying out. They should be consumed within two to three days for best taste and quality.
How many eggs can you air fry at once?
This will really depend on the size of your air fryer and the size of the eggs.
I have two air fryers that I regularly use. Instant Pot Vortex 6 in 1 has a 5.7L capacity that can make about 12 eggs. Instant Pot Vortex Versazone has 8.5L capacity that can make about 18-20 eggs.
Should you peel the eggs before refrigerating?
It is recommended to refrigerate hard-boiled eggs with the shells still on. The shells actually help to protect the eggs and keep them fresh longer. If you have already peeled the eggs, it is best to store them in an airtight container with a damp paper towel to help prevent them from drying out.
Can I store Hard boiled eggs in the freezer?
It’s not recommended to store hard-boiled eggs in the freezer, even though it may seem like a great option for longer storage. Freezing and thawing can cause the texture of the whites to become rubbery, so it’s best to store in the refrigerator and enjoy them within a few days of cooking.
If you love this recipe, you will also love these easy air fryer recipes
How to make Air fryer Hard boiled eggs?
- 6 Large eggs
- Preheat the air fryer to 120C (250F).
- Place the eggs in the air fryer basket.6 Large eggs
- Cook for 12-16 minutes, depending upon the desired doneness.
- Remove from air fryer and place them in a bowl of ice water for 5 minutes, until cool.
- Gently crack the egg shells, rolling them a bit along a hard surface to make cracks along all sides. Peel and enjoy or store for later.
- Stored unpeeled eggs in the refrigerator for up to one week.