Looking for a recipe that gives you the tastiest air fryer mushrooms? Try this quick, easy, no-fuss side dish that’s ready in just under 15 minutes. Air fried Mushrooms are a great accompaniment to your English Breakfast or even on top of your salads or fried rice.
If you are a mushroom lover, then this super-fast, easy, and simple fix is just the side dish that you need.
About this Easy Air fryer mushrooms recipe
My daughter loves mushrooms and this side dish is one of her favorite most! As a mum, I find it really handy to make super quick sides on weeknights. These Air fried Mushrooms are delicious on Vegetable fried rice, Hibachi fried rice, or even in Egg fried rice.
This recipe uses chestnut mushrooms and basic pantry seasoning. I love seasoning with mushrooms with Indo-Chinese flavors and it’s just too delicious. A little of the seasoning goes a long way. It’s just about slicing the mushrooms, marinating in seasoning, and air fry. How easy and simple it is to make!
Roasted Mushrooms are finished with an optional squeeze of lemon juice and a sprinkle of herbs. The toppings add delicious flavors to the golden roasted air fryer mushrooms.
Use any variety of mushrooms available like button mushrooms, closed cup mushrooms, chestnut mushrooms or flat mushrooms.
I particularly love air frying in my Instant Pot Vortex 6 in 1 air fryer, because it is so much quicker than oven baking! One thing to keep in mind is that time taken to cook in my 6qt air fryer is only 7-8 minutes, whereas it can take about 12-15 minutes in a 3- 4qt air fryer.
So always use the time mentioned in the recipe as a guideline and start with a lesser time.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Uses the most basic ingredients that you can find in your kitchen.
- It is easy and simple to make.
- Budget friendly recipe
- Easy to customise – Use the seasoning, that you have got in hand.
- Naturally Vegan and can be Gluten free if you use Tamari sauce.
Ingredients you will need
- Soy sauce or tamari sauce
- Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Garlic powder
- Lemon juice
- Herbs like Thyme and Parsley are a fragrant garnish on the roasted mushrooms.
How to make Air fryer mushrooms step by step?
Step 1 – Toss the mushrooms in the seasoning.
Step 2 – Preheat the air fryer to 380F. Transfer the mushrooms to the air fryer and cook for 7 minutes in a larger air fryer or 10-12 minutes in a smaller air fryer.
Step 3 – Drizzle lemon juice, season with extra sea salt and garnish with herbs.
- Can be served as a side dish on top of salads or with your steaks.
- Stir them into Vegetable fried rice or use them as a topping.
- If you enjoy English breakfast it is a good accompaniment for that as well.
- A quick breakfast fix where you can use air fryer mushrooms on toasted bread with avocados.
MORE AIR FRYER VEGETABLE RECIPES
HAVE YOU MADE THIS RECIPE?
Be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a ★ rating!
Easy Air fryer Mushrooms recipe below
- 300 g chestnut mushrooms halved
- 1 tsp soy sauce or tamari sauce
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- lemon juice to serve
- garnish with herbs
- Toss the mushrooms in the seasoning.
- Preheat the air fryer to 380F.
- Transfer the mushrooms to the air fryer and cook for 7 minutes in a larger air fryer or 10-12 minutes in a smaller air fryer.
- Drizzle lemon juice, season with extra sea salt, and garnish with herbs.