Air Fryer Roasted broccoli is a quick, easy and delicious side dish that uses only a fraction of the oil that you’d normally use! A fantastic addition to any main course! They are so good, that my family just can’t resist their craving for this low-calorie crispy roasted broccoli.
(Step by Step Illustration in the recipe card below)
Why should you try this recipe?
Quick & Easy – You can make this tempting tender-crisp air fryer broccoli without much elbow grease. Ready in under 10 minutes
Nutrients – Broccoli is a delicious side, specifically because it is loaded with nutrients.
Light, Flavorful and so delicious. Broccoli absorbs the flavors really well, so season to your liking. Why indulge in boring bland broccoli, when you can make a super crispy Broccoli in the Air fryer in just 10 minutes.
Pretty Addictive – Airfried Broccoli is so good, and addictive that we end up craving these, all the time. I call it a Healthy Addiction!
This recipe is Affordable and made with staple ingredients.
Dietary Needs – It is Vegan and suitable for Gluten-Free, Paleo Friendly, and Whole 30. This dish is naturally low cal and low carb.
You only need a fraction of the oil that you’d normally use.
Ingredients List for Crispy Airfried Broccoli
You will need the following Ingredients to make Air fryer Broccoli – So crispy and delicious!
LIME OR LEMON – Whichever is available
SEASONING – Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Smoked Paprika
TOPPINGS -I like to use chilli flakes – They are so good
How to make Crispy Roasted Broccoli in Airfryer?
First, toss the Broccoli florets in oil and seasoning.
Place the broccoli florets in the air fryer basket.
Select the AIRFRY program. Adjust the +/- keys to adjust the Time and Temperature to 375F or 190 C and 8 minutes. Press Start.
At halftime, shake the basket.
Remove the crispy roasted broccoli from the air fryer after the air frying cycle ends.
Sprinkle chilli flakes and serve immediately.
For making Garlic Parmesan – toss the broccoli in minced garlic, parmesan cheese, salt & pepper. Repeat the rest of the steps as above.
HEALTHY BENEFITS OF BROCCOLI
- Broccoli is rich in Vitamin C, Antioxidant and Nutrients like fiber, iron, folate, and Potassium
- The dish prepared with broccoli can correct thyroid problems as it contains goitrogens.
- It lowers the risk of cancer and may help you treat kidney and bladder problems.
- It has anti-inflammation properties and boosts the immune system.
- Air fryer broccoli would never disappoint you as your taste buds may get the crispiest broccoli ever!
About this Instant Pot Vortex 6 in 1 Air fryer
We are a huge fan of Instant Pot Pressure Cooker and you will find a wide range of easy recipes from appetizers to desserts. What is more exciting is that Instant Pot has launched their brand new Vortex Plus 6 in 1 Air fryer in the UK. Having used at least 2 other air fryers in the past, I can tell you this one is really too good.
- LARGE CAPACITY – Generous 5.7L capacity to fit at least 1 kg of chips. Cook from fresh or frozen.
- SMART LOOK AND EASY TO CLEAN – The Brushed Stainless steel look is pretty smart along with fingerprint-resistant. So it so easy to clean.
- 6 Ways to cook – Air-fryer, Bake, Roast, Grill, Dehydrate and Reheat. I have tested all the features but the dehydrate so far and can highly recommend this gadget.
- Crisp to perfection with 95% less Oil – Create healthy versions of your favorite foods without the added fat.
How to cut broccoli?
Use a vegetable cutter to pull out the leaves or florets from the stalk. Hold the thick stalk with your non-dominant hand and cut them off. Throw away the woody stalk and cut the bigger florets into smaller pieces for convenience and uniform cooking.
Are vegetables cooked in an air fryer healthy?
- Airfryer cooks in less time, use less oil, and are so easy to clean up.
- Air frying Vegetables are healthier than deep frying because you will need less or no oil. It cooks faster than Oven but it is quite similar in healthiness to conventional ovens.
- Air fryers use fewer oils as they work by circulating hot air inside the appliance utilizing less oil.
- It makes for some yummy and quick side dishes like this roasted Asparagus, Hasselback Potatoes, Roasted Green Beans, and Corn on the Cob, when you’re in a pinch during the busy week.
What does broccoli taste like?
This herbaceous vegetable tastes green just like its color. It has a grassy, earthy flavor that’s mildly bitter and crunchy texture. This green vegetable is really versatile and can be made delicious by adding the right combination of spices. Air frying the broccoli makes it really crispy and so tasty!
Does Broccoli taste like cauliflower?
No. Just as the color of both the vegetables are different, they are slightly different in taste and nutrient contents. Cauliflower is slightly nutty and sweet whereas broccoli tastes green (grassy, earthy flavor that’s mildly bitter) even though they belong to the same family.
If you love this recipe, you will also love
HAVE YOU MADE THIS RECIPE?
Be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a ★ rating!
How to make Air fryer Roasted Broccoli?
- 3-4 cups Broccoli
- 1 Tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder or Minced Garlic
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- Juice of 1/2 Lime
- 1/2 Tsp Chilli Flakes Optional
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Toss the Broccoli florets in oil and seasoning.
- Select the AIRFRY program. Adjust the +/- keys to adjust the Time and Temperature to 375F /190 C and 8 minutes. Press Start. When the display indicates “Add Food” carefully place the broccoli into the basket.
- At halftime, shake the basket. Remove the crispy roasted broccoli from the air fryer after the air frying cycle ends. Serve Immediately.
- If you like sprinkle with chilli flakes and season more with salt & pepper if necessary.
GARLIC PARMESAN ROASTED BROCCOLITo make Garlic Parmesan roasted Broccoli, toss the broccoli in oil, garlic, and 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Air fry for 8 minutes. Serve immediately.
Disclosure – Sandhya’s Kitchen was gifted Instant Pot Vortex Plus 6 in 1 Air fryer by Instant Pot UK. All opinion expressed here is of my own.