Try these Super Easy delicious Air fryer roasted green beans. With just a handful of ingredients, you can easily make a tasty green beans side dish in just 10 minutes. Not only it’s Low in Cal, Low in Fat, Low carb, Gluten-Free, and Vegan, this quick and easy roasted vegetable requires hardly any preparation.
Air fryer Roasted Green beans recipe
Roasted Green Beans are one of the easiest side dishes, made with only a handful of ingredients and in just 10 minutes. It’s a delicious accompaniment to your curries or even in your buddha bowl. It also makes a perfect low calories snack. We love quick and easy side dishes to accompany the main course. It could a pasta dish or even curry or soup. Like most roasted vegetable recipes, these crispy roasted green beans also require minimal preparations. Toss the green beans in the seasoning mixture of your choice and then air fry for 7-8 minutes in the preheated air fryer.
It’s such a quick and easy dinner side that my kids prepare them in no time on busy days! To speed up the process I like to buy trimmed french beans which makes the recipe hassle-free.
Don’t have an air fryer? No worries – Make the roasted green beans in your oven!
Quick Video recipe on How to make roasted green beans in the air fryer
How to trim fresh Green Beans fast?
Trimming Green Beans can be a chore. Not any more. To trim beans fast, Grab a packet of Green Beans. Simply tap the packet towards the tail and place it flat on a chopping board. Now cut tails along with the plastic. Repeat the same process with the top. So what happens is, you are left out with trimmed beans in just a minute.
I have learned this quick trimming technique from a Jamie Oliver television program.
Why you’ll love this recipe?
Air frying – You will only need a fraction of oil to air fry the beans than you would normally use while sauteing on a pan or in the oven.
Budget-friendly – All the ingredients are frugal, and together they make a tasty healthy treat.
Easy to customize – This recipe is adaptable, so use the seasoning of your choice. Sometimes I love to season the french beans or string beans only with salt and pepper for a quick side.
Cooks so fast – Toss the beans in the seasoning mixture and let the air fryer do the work. Ready in just 6-8 minutes. Faster than Oven-roasted Green Beans or Pan-roasted Green beans!
Healthy & Tasty – These Green beans are not deep-fried!
Delicious Side dish – So easy to make, they make a healthy side dish for lunch or dinner in minutes.
Dietary needs – Vegan, Gluten-free, Low calorie, Low Fat
You’ll need just a handful of pantry staple ingredients along with fresh beans and lemon.
- Green Beans – This recipe uses French Beans. Green beans, string beans or any other variety will also work.
- Seasoning Mixture – I have used a combination of Garlic Powder, Italian Seasoning, Salt, Black Pepper
- Olive Oil or a Low Cal Spray – Just a little olive oil or a few sprays will do.
- Lemon or Lime Juice – Any Citrussy juice will work in the recipe for that delicious zing.
- For Garnishing – A lemon wedge, a few chilli flakes ( if you like it spicy ), herbs like thyme/parsley will be flavorful.
How to make Air fryer Roasted Green Beans?
- Trim the Green Beans – Wash the beans and then the top and tail of the green beans. If you are using trimmed french beans, then skip this step.
- Season the beans – Toss your green beans in olive oil, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Air fry – Air fry in a preheated air fryer at 400 F / 200 C for 7- 8 minutes until they are tender and crispy. Serve crispy roasted green beans immediately and enjoy.
How to make oven roasted green beans?
- Preheat the oven to 220 C. Line a Baking tray with parchment paper.
- Toss the green beans with the seasoning and arrange them in a single layer on the tray.
- Roast for about 14-15 minutes until they are tender and a bit crispy.
- Serve with a little more seasoning, lemon wedge and herbs.
Depending upon the type and the size of the beans– like Green Beans, String Beans, or French Beans, air frying time will vary. This recipe uses french beans and they were ready at about 7 minutes. For a thicker variety of beans add another 2-3 minutes of cooking time.
To speed up the process further, buy trimmed green beans. This will save you at least 5 minutes on busier days.
For crispy beans to be roasted evenly – Do not overcrowd the air fryer.
Season to your liking – This recipe offers basic guidance to making great-tasting roasted green beans.
Air fry just before serving.
Serving Suggestions for airfryer green beans
Serve Air fryer Green Beans as light and a hearty side dish to accompany any of your favorite mains like this vegetable korma, chickpea tikka masala, tarka dal, sweet potato buddha bowl, or Mexican quinoa. They are also delicious to be served along with Sunday Roast or even on your holiday table like on Easter, Christmas, and Thanksgiving.
Roasted green beans are also great as a healthy elevenses snack!
Green Beans seasoning variations
Salt & Pepper – This basic seasoning makes a delicious side too.
Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Dried Thyme along with Salt & Pepper makes a fab variation to season the beans.
Soy Sauce & Sesame Seeds to finish off the roasted beans are also delicious
You could also use any of the store-bought premade seasoning mixes too like Fajita seasoning, Taco Seasoning, and Cajun spices.
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE, YOU WILL ALSO LOVE THESE AIR FRYER VEGETABLE RECIPES
- Air fryer Asparagus
- Crispy roasted airfryer broccoli
- Mexican roasted sweet potato cubes
- Roast Potatoes
- Air fryer Shishito peppers
- Cauliflower wings
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE, YOU WILL ALSO LOVE THESE VEGAN DIPPING SAUCES
HAVE YOU MADE THIS RECIPE?
Be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a ★ rating!
Quick & Easy Air fryer Green beans recipe below
- Instant Pot Air fryer Vortex 6 in 1
- 320 g Fresh Green Beans
- 1 Tsp Olive Oil or use Low Cal Oil Spray
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Pepper
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Lemon Wedge
- Chilli Flakes
- Herbs- Parsley Thyme
- Trim the green beans / french beans. Alternatively used trimmed beans for the recipe.
- Prepare a seasoning mixture by mixing together all the ingredients other than beans.
- Now pour the mixture on the green beans and toss them to coat well.
- Preheat the Airfryer at 400F / 200 C for 2 minutes and then transfer the seasoned green beans to the air fryer.
- Air fry at 400F / 200C for 7-8 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedge and garnish with herbs.