Try these Super Easy Air Fryer Green Beans for a delicious side dish in just 10 minutes. With minimal preparation, these roasted green beans pair perfectly with Sunday Roast or make a festive addition to holiday tables like Easter, Christmas, and Thanksgiving.
About this roasted green beans made in air fryer
These roasted green beans are really simple to make. With just a handful of ingredients and a quick 8 -minute cooking time, you’ll have crispy green beans ready in no time. Serve them alongside your favourite curries, add them to a nourishing Buddha bowl, or enjoy them as a guilt-free, low-calorie snack.
Preparing this delightful side dish is a breeze. Simply toss the green beans in your preferred seasoning mixture, then pop them into the preheated air fryer for 7-8 minutes. The result? Crispy beans with a tender interior.
Even on busy days, my kids can whip up these roasted green beans in a jiffy. I like to buy trimmed French beans to streamline the process, making it even more hassle-free.
Don’t have an air fryer? No worries! The recipe can be easily adapted for your oven.
Quick Video recipe on How to make roasted green beans in the air fryer
Why you’ll love this recipe?
- Air frying advantage – Use minimal oil compared to sautéing or oven-roasting, making it a healthier option.
- Budget-friendly – Easy to find frugal ingredients combine to create a delicious side.
- Customisation made easy – Adapt the seasoning to your preference; a simple salt and pepper seasoning works wonders too.
- Lightning-fast cooking – Toss the beans in seasoning, air fry for 6-8 minutes, and enjoy. Faster than oven or pan-roasting!
- Healthy and tasty – No deep frying involved, ensuring a guilt-free indulgence.
- Delightful side dish – Effortlessly whip up a healthy side for lunch or dinner in minutes.
- Dietary needs – Vegan, gluten-free, low-calorie, and low-fat, catering to various dietary needs.
Ingredients & Substitutions
Green Beans – French beans are used in this recipe, but green beans, string beans, or any other variety will work as well.
Seasoning – A combination of Garlic Powder, Italian Seasoning, Salt, and Black Pepper adds flavor.
Oil – A small amount of olive oil or a few sprays or low calorie spray will suffice.
Lemon or Lime Juice – Any citrus juice will provide a delightful zing to the dish.
Garnishing – Enhance the flavours with a lemon wedge, a sprinkle of chilli flakes (for spice lovers), and fragrant herbs like thyme or parsley.
How to trim fresh Green Beans fast?
Grab a packet of green beans, tap it to align the tails, and place it flat on a chopping board. Cut along the tails with the plastic, then repeat the process for the tops. Within a minute, you’ll have perfectly trimmed beans. This time-saving technique was inspired by Jamie Oliver’s television program.
How to make Air fryer Green Beans?
- Prepare the seasoning mixture with olive oil, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Toss the green beans with the seasoning mixture.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F (200°C). Air fry for 7-8 minutes, or until the green beans are tender and crispy, shaking the basket halfway through for even cooking.
- Once done, remove the crispy roasted green beans from the air fryer and serve immediately.
How to make oven roasted green beans?
- Preheat the oven to 220 C. Line a Baking tray with parchment paper.
- Toss the green beans with the seasoning and arrange them in a single layer on the tray.
- Roast for about 14-15 minutes until they are tender and a bit crispy.
- Serve with a little more seasoning, lemon wedge and herbs.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Green Beans
- Adjust cooking time: The cooking time may vary depending on the type and size of beans. For this recipe using French beans, 7 minutes was sufficient. Thicker beans may require an additional 2-3 minutes of cooking time.
- Save time with trimmed beans: Consider purchasing pre-trimmed green beans to streamline the process, especially on busier days. This can save you at least 5 minutes of preparation time.
- Avoid overcrowding: To achieve crispy and evenly roasted beans, ensure not to overcrowd the air fryer. Cook them in a single layer for optimal results.
- Customize the seasoning: Experiment with your preferred flavors to make the roasted green beans suit your taste. While this recipe provides basic guidance, feel free to add additional spices or herbs for a personalized touch.
- Serve fresh and crispy: For the best texture and taste, air fry the green beans just before serving. Enjoy the delightful crunch and flavors straight from the air fryer.
Serving Suggestions for airfryer green beans
Serve Air fryer Green Beans as light and a hearty side dish to accompany any of your favorite mains like this vegetable korma, chickpea tikka masala, tarka dal, sweet potato buddha bowl, or Mexican quinoa. They are also delicious to be served along with Sunday Roast or even on your holiday table like on Easter, Christmas, and Thanksgiving.
Roasted green beans are also great as a healthy elevenses snack!
Salt & Pepper – This basic seasoning makes a delicious side too.
Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Dried Thyme along with Salt & Pepper makes a fab variation to season the beans.
Soy Sauce & Sesame Seeds to finish off the roasted beans are also delicious
You could also use any of the store-bought premade seasoning mixes too like Fajita seasoning, Taco Seasoning, and Cajun spices.
MORE AIR FRYER VEGETARIAN SIDE DISH RECIPES
- Roasted Air fryer Vegetables Medley
- Air fryer carrots
- Air fryer Asparagus
- Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Air fryer Mushrooms
- Crispy roasted airfryer broccoli
- Mexican roasted sweet potato cubes
- Roast Potatoes
- Air fryer Shishito peppers
- Cauliflower wings
HAVE YOU MADE THIS RECIPE?
Be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a ★ rating!
Quick & Easy Air fryer Green beans recipe below
- Instant Pot Air fryer Vortex 6 in 1
- 320 g Fresh Green Beans
- 1 Tsp Olive Oil or use Low Cal Oil Spray
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Pepper
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Lemon Wedge
- Chilli Flakes
- Herbs- Parsley Thyme
- Trim the green beans / french beans. Alternatively used trimmed beans for the recipe.
- Prepare a seasoning mixture by mixing together all the ingredients other than beans.
- Now pour the mixture on the green beans and toss them to coat well.
- Preheat the Airfryer at 400F / 200 C for 2 minutes and then transfer the seasoned green beans to the air fryer.
- Air fry at 400F / 200C for 7-8 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedge and garnish with herbs.