Satiate your taste buds by feeding it your three favorite things; pizza, cookies, and ice cream! It’s time to enjoy the famous restaurant-style pizookie recipe right from the comfort of your home. Now bite into giant cookies that are the size of a pizza? If this has caught your attention, then you need to try the easy air fryer pizookie that has become the talk of the town.
GIANT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE
Who doesn’t enjoy a giant size serving of a dish that combines their favorites? The best part of this recipe is that it is a family-sized dessert that can be enjoyed and that too in the most childlike way. The first thing that comes to our minds when talking about such an elaborate dish is that it requires way too many ingredients. In the case of the pizookie recipe, this stands corrected too.
If you have the basic baking ingredients and staples at home, this instant pot air fryer pizookie will become your go-to dessert when you have a large gathering.
I have used my favorite Cookie recipe and turned into this giant pan cookie.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS AIR FRYER PIZZA COOKIE
- It’s quick, fast, and easy to make. Plus if you have your family around you, it can be a fun family bonding experience too.
- Uses basic cookie ingredients – nothing fancy at all.
- Easy to follow steps
- Ready in under 30 minutes – Preparation time is just about 5 minutes and Cooking Time is 20 minutes
- A single serving of air fryer pizookie can be enjoyed by 6 people (so, more the merrier!).
- Ditch the oven and use the air fryer – The cooking time is comparatively less than when you use a normal oven.
- Perfect for a birthday party too!
INGREDIENTS FOR EASY PIZOOKIE RECIPE
You’ll need the following ingredients to turn your favourite cookie recipe into pizookie
- Plain Flour or All-Purpose Flour or Maida – This recipe was tested using regular plain flour and tastes delicious.
- Unsalted Butter – This adds moisture to the batter and keeps the cookie from drying out.
- Sugar – Sweetness comes from sugar. I have used two types of sugar – Granulated Sugar and Brown Sugar in this recipe. The combination gives the caramelized flavors and color.
- Salt – A teeny bit of salt offsets the sweetness in the cookie.
- Baking Soda – This works as a leavening agent in the recipe.
- Vanilla Extract – This adds perfect flavors.
- Chocolate Chips – Any type of chocolate cookies will work in this recipe – dark chocolate chips, semi chocolate chips, and milk chocolate chips
- Egg – Just one large egg is needed for this recipe.
HOW TO MAKE PIZOOKIE IN THE AIR FRYER
- Ingredients – Gather the ingredients before starting the process.
- Preheat the Air fryer – Grease an 8-inch cake pan with butter on the bottom and all sides. Set aside. Preheat the air fryer at 175 C for 4 minutes.
- Whisk – In a bowl, place the softened butter and sugars. Cream the mixture with an electric hand whisk until light and fluffy. Add the egg, vanilla extract, and whisk until well combined.
- Dry Ingredients – Add flour, baking soda, and salt and mix well until a smooth dough is formed.
- Add Chocolate Chips – Stir in chocolate chips until evenly dispersed.
- Transfer to Cake Pan – Transfer the prepared cookie dough to the pan. Press the mixture down evenly in the pan.
- Air fry – Select AIR FRY and program to 175°C for 20 minutes. Touch Start. When the display indicates Add Food, place the cookie dough pan. Test at 15 minutes to see if the Pizookie is done. If it is still a little gooey, then air fry for another 3 minutes. Test again at 18 minutes to see if it is done. If not air fry for another 2 minutes. Once Air frying cycle is done, remove the Pizookie pan from the air fryer basket and allow it cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve – Serve with a dollop of ice cream and syrups of your choice.
- When using the air fryer to make the pizza cookie please ensure that you use the shallow pan or cake pan that comes along with your air fryer itself.
- If you want to get the best texture for the air fryer pizookie, use room temperature butter and not butter that is melted.
- With a preheated air fryer it takes just about 18 – 20 minutes.
Air fryer time and temperatures will vary depending upon the model – so use this recipe as a guide and adjust the cooking time slightly based on your model of the air fryer and your personal preference.
WHAT CAN I SERVE WITH THIS AIRFRYER PIZOOKIE – GIANT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE?
- This family-sized dessert, air fryer pizookie tastes best with a few scoops of delicious vanilla ice cream or this homemade chocolate icecream
- It can also be enjoyed with gooey salted caramel or chocolate syrup.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who invented the pizookie recipe?
A popular bar and restaurant in the USA, BJ’s were the ones who came up with the pizookie recipe.
Can you make the pizookie dough without egg?
It is definitely possible to make pizookie dough without egg, and instead of egg you can use mashed bananas or flax eggs.
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE, YOU WILL ALSO LOVE THESE AIR FRYER DESSERTS
MORE AIR FRYER VEGETARIAN RECIPES FOR YOU
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE, YOU WILL ALSO LOVE THESE VEGAN DIPPING SAUCES
HAVE YOU MADE THIS RECIPE?
Be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a ★ rating!
- 200 g Plain Flour
- 113 g Unsalted Butter softened at room temperature
- 112 g Granulated Sugar
- 55 g Dark Brown Sugar
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Large Egg
- ½ tsp Sea salt
- Vanilla Ice cream
- Caramel Sauce
- Chocolate sauce
- Grease an 8-inch cake pan with butter on the bottom and all sides. Set aside.
- In a bowl, Place butter and sugars. Cream the mixture with an electric hand whisk until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, vanilla extract, and whisk until well combined.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt and mix well until a smooth dough is formed.
- Stir in chocolate chips until evenly dispersed.
- Transfer the prepared cookie dough to the pan. Press the mixture down evenly in the pan.
- Select AIR FRY and program to 175°C for 20 minutes. Touch Start.
- When the display indicates Add Food, place the cookie dough pan.
- Test at 15 minutes to see if the Pizookie is done. If it is still a little gooey, then air fry for another 3 minutes. Test again at 18 minutes to see if it is done. If not air fry for another 2 minutes.
- Once Air frying cycle is done, remove the Pizookie pan from the air fryer basket and allow it cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of ice cream and syrups of your choice.