Having my upbringing in mumbai, one of my favourite food outside to grab is vada pav. Vada of vada pav is nothing but our Aloo Bonda (Most people in south fondly call). If you would love to make your own Pav click here .I have made them at home and they are not soo difficult as we think…
Its a lovely appetiser to be had on a rainy day. Enjoy it and let me know your view.
- 1/2 kg potatoes : Boiled and mashed with hand
- Green Chillies : 2-3 finely chopped
- Onion :1 nos finely chopped
- Ginger : 1 spoon
- Coriander leaves : 3-4 spoons
- Curry Leaves: 2 spoons
- Turmeric : 1/2 tsp
- Mustard Seeds :1/2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds :1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida:1/2 tsp
- Gram flour : 1 cup
- Chilli powder : 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a frying pan /kadai and add musturd & cumin seeds. Once it splutters , add onions , green chillies,ginger , turmeric powder & salt to taste. Fry it for 1 min and now add the mashed potatoes ,corainder leaves & curry leaves. Mix them well. Take it off the stove and keep it aside.
- In a bowl , bring together gram flour , turmeric powder ,asafoetida, chilli powder & salt .Add water slowly to the mixture and create a batter which neither too thick nor thin.
- Make small bowls of the potato mixture.
- Heat oil in a kadai for frying. Now dip each small bowl in the gramflour batter and deep fry them until they turn golden brown.
- Serve them with green chutney or ketchup.