C lassic Aloo Gobi ( Potato – Cauliflower curry) is a dry curry with a mix of 2 bland versatile veggies , absolutely divine, blessing any dinning table at meal time. They pair very well with Phulka’s / Nan or with Rice too..
Serves – 8
|Cauliflower||Extra Large – Roughly 1 Kg|
|Red Onions||2 Nos – Large|
|Tomatoes||2 Nos – Large|
|Freshly Grated Ginger||2 Tsp|
|Panch Phoran||2.5 Tsp|
|Coriander Powder||1 Tsp|
|Green Chillies||3 Nos|
|Turmeric Powder||1 Tsp|
|Lemon Juice||A good squeeze|
|Coriander Leaves||For Garnishing|
- Peel the Potatoes and quarter them further into big chunks . Wash them and keep it aside…
- Cut the cauliflower into large florets. Chop the onions into thin slices and tomatoes into big chunks.
- Heat Oil in a non stick wok . Throw in Panch Phoran . Once they crackle and the aroma is just out , add in sliced onions . Fry them until they slightly turn brown . Pop in the freshly grated ginger , finely chopped green chilles , turmeric powder and 1/4 of the required salt . Fry them for 1 minute and pop in the washed potatoes. Gently stir and cover wok with a lid for 5 min.
- Simultaneously pop the cauliflower in a large pot of water with a dash of milk. Let it bubble for 5 min and turn of the gas.. Drain the water and keep aside the nearly done shiny cauliflower heads.
- Add in chunked tomatoes to the potatoes. Juice from the tomatoes will let the potato get some moisture.. If required just add in few tsp’s of water. I havent added any water in the whole preparation. Very gently give it a good stir… We need to maintain the shaped potatoes .. and that is the real charm of this dry curry which my guests appreciated .
- Using a fork , try giving a poke into a nearly cooked potato. If it goes in gradually , we are in just right time to add in the cooked cauliflowers florets. These florets are quite delicate .. They normally get very mushy . So give it good mix to the curry , the moment we add the florets. Sprinkle in the coriander powder , just 2 pinches of garam masala & remaining salt. A quick stir and cover for 2 min .. Get the serving dish ready , chopped coriander leaves and lemon out to do the icing .
- Transfer this delicious Aloo Gobi curry to a Serving dish . Be really generous with your herbs .. I have added a handful of finely chopped coriander leaves and good squeeze of lemon juice.
- Serve them hot with phulka’s and Enzoy your lazy Sunday with this delicious curry.