Easy AIR FRYER AVOCADO FRIES = Crispy on the outside, Soft & Buttery on the Inside !
Sometimes we confuse ourselves that simple and healthy food cannot be delicious. But it’s just not like that!! Avocado Fries is actually going to change that myth..
We love Avocado’s at home in our salads, wraps, roti’s, avocado hummus and on our breakfast menu. Ever since I have tasted these avocado fries at a local restaurant, we have been baking them at home often. But making avocado crispy fries can be the best thing to happen in the air fryer.
Air fryer makes food crispier than cooking them in an oven. Wherever possible, we love to leave out oil in our food and why not!! These crispy appetizers do not require any oil when you make them in the air fryer. I did not see the need to even spray with 1tsp of oil as the avocado appetizer did not turn dry!
IMPORTANT TIPS TO REMEMBER TO make the Best Avocado Fries!
Slightly firm Avocado’s make the best fries! As the avocado’s get cooked, they get a bit softer.
Serve the Avocado fries when they are hot and crispy with a little drizzle of lime juice if you like or as it is or with your favourite dipping sauce or even tomato ketchup. Choices are endless for this fun-tastic healthy appetizer.
Flavouring the Panko Bread Crumbs and Wet Mixture enhances the flavours of the fries.
Use one hand for dry mix and the other for wet mix. This is really important to bear in mind, as the panko crumbs mixture can turn into a lump.
DO YOU NEED TO PREHEAT AN AIR FRYER?
This is something I always thought was necessary. But let me clarify! You do not need to preheat the air fryer for reheating. Preheated Air fryer will give you a precise time for cooking, otherwise the food needs to cook longer than usual.
CAN YOU REHEAT FOOD IN AIR FRYER?
Certainly!! In-fact Air-fryer’s are awesome for reheating crispy food. They turn your soft soggy appetizers crispy again. Place the food to be reheated in the air fryer and fry them for 2-4 minutes at 350-400F.
In this case, Avocado French Fries tend to get a bit soft, when it turns cold. Just Return the avocado fries back to air fryer for 2-3 minutes and see them turn crispy. Serve HOT!
Don’t have an Air fryer, no worries at all! I have got you covered on how to oven cook them.
HOW DO YOU MAKE CRISPY AVOCADO FRIES IN THE AIR FRYER?
Fresh sliced avocado are coated in spiced panko breadcrumbs and air-fried to perfection.
The method of making fries is pretty straightforward. Cut the Avocado to 1/2 an inch, approximately finger thick slices.
Prepare two bowls – One for Dry Ingredients & One for Wet Ingredients.
Dredge the avocado slice in wet mix and then carefully into the panko crumbs mixture. Shake off any excess. Repeat the process with the rest of the avocado slices.
Preheat the Air fryer to 400F for 4 minutes. Pull the basket from the air fryer and place the avocado fries in the air-fryer basket. Slide it back in the air fryer and fry for 8-10 minutes until brown.
Sprinkle with more salt and pepper if needed and serve immediately with tomato ketchup or any other dipping sauce.
CAN I MAKE CRISPY BAKED AVOCADO FRIES?
Well why not? Just follow the dredging and breading steps as mentioned above for the air fryer. Preheat the oven to 400F. Spray the baking sheet with a little cooking spray. Arrange the avocado fries in the baking sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes. Serve them hot!
AVOCADO FRIES SEASONING
Instead of using the seasoning combo in the recipe table, you can get creative. How about some
- Cajun Spice
- Taco Seasoning
- Italian Herbs seasoning
EASY AIR FRYER RECIPES FOR YOU TO TRY
IF YOU ENJOY MAKING OF ANY OF MY RECIPES, PLEASE DON’T FORGET TO TAG #SANDHYASKITCHEN ON INSTAGRAM OR TWITTER!
KEEP IN TOUCH AND DON’T MISS OUT ON ANY OF SANDHYA’S KITCHEN BY SUBSCRIBING BELOW.
Find below my recipe for Air fryer AVOCADO FRIES to enjoy at SuperBowl Parties, Birthday Parties or even Tea Time!
AIR FRYER AVOCADO FRIES RECIPE BELOW
- 2 Large Avocado sliced
- 1/2 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Paprika Powder
- 1/2 Cup Plain Flour or any GF flour
- 1/2 Cup Milk or Plant based milk
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Paprika Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Hot Sauce
- Cut avocado in half, stone them and cut into 1/2 an inch finger-thick slices. Carefully peel off the peel.
- Prepare two bowls - One for Wet Ingredients and One for Dry Ingredients.
- Carefully whisk the dry ingredients with a fork.
- Whisk the wet ingredients and set them aside.
- Dredge the avocado slice in wet mix and then carefully into the panko crumbs mixture. Shake off any excess.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the avocado slices. Place the breaded avocado slices in the preheated air-fryer.
- Preheat the Air fryer to 400F (200 C ) for 4 minutes. Pull the basket from the air fryer and place the avocado fries in the air-fryer basket. Slide it back in the air fryer and fry for 8-10 minutes until brown.
- Don't forget to check to turn the avocado fries in between and give it good shake so that the crunchy avocado fries do not stick together.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper if needed and serve immediately with tomato ketchup or any other dipping sauce.