Besan ka Halwa Recipe is a gluten-free Indian dessert made with Chickpea flour, milk, sugar, cardamom, and ghee. This chickpea flour dessert is quick and easy to make. Plus it’s perfect to serve on occasions like Diwali, Holi, Navrathri, and Eid.
ABOUT THIS BESAN HALWA
BESAN HALWA is also known as Gram Flour Pudding or Chickpeas flour pudding. It’s a quick & easy dessert made with Besan, Milk, Sugar, Ghee, Cardamom Powder. If you like, dress it up with nuts for texture or even enjoy it as a stand-alone dessert.
Simple as it sounds isn’t it!! I have made this Halwa with Besan ( Gram Flour / Chickpeas Flour ) so many times, but roughly eye balling the measurements. Recently a friend of ours asked for the recipe and I wasn’t sure how to give the exact measurements. So I decided to recipe test this Halwa until I perfected the color and texture.
This simply pudding requires you to follow the steps in the same order to achieve this perfect tasting Halwa! Also Continuous Stirring!
We love to celebrate Diwali, the festival of lights with great pompous every year. This festival has got so many customs and celebrated differently throughout India. Every state, Every region has their own rituals, their own customs… Some celebrated over 5 days, some over 2 days..
A DIWALI celebration is absolutely incomplete without homemade mithai and savories.. Every year, I have been making atleast 3 Indian Diwali Sweets and 2 Savories that can be relished over the festive days.. I like to make at least one quick and easy dessert just like this Besan ka Halwa ( Gram Flour Pudding ).
Dry Roasting the gram lour in low flame until you feel the nutty aroma.
Continuous stirring is absolutely necessary, so that there is no lump in the halwa.
Adding Almond Flour to this Halwa leaves you with extra richness – so feel free to add some for deliciousness.
Great for potluck parties too!
Serve it warm or cold.
IF YOU LOVE THIS MITHAI RECIPE, YOU WILL ALSO LOVE
BESAN HALWA RECIPE BELOW
- 1 cup Gram Flour / Chickpea flour
- ¼ Cup + 2 Tbsp ghee Either Store bought or make ghee at home
- ½ Cup Sugar
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- 1¼ – 1½ Cup Whole Milk
- Pistachio & Almonds for garnishing
- In a deep bottom pan, melt 1/4 cup of ghee in a pan. Add gram flour and dry roast gram flour in low flame by constantly stirring until the color begins to change and gram flour leaves a nutty aroma. (Approximately 12-14 minutes)
- Add milk a little by little and keep stirring the mixture continuously, ensuring the mixture stays smooth.
- Add Sugar, mix well and keep stirring the mixture until halwa reaches the right consistency.
- Add 2tbsp ghee, cardamom powder and stir well.
- Serve the halwa hot or cold. Garnish with Saffron strands, chopped nuts.