Reading further, wiki-ing ,finally concluded the debate to my own-self stating
Cupcakes are mini versions of cakes. Frosted and Adorned. They are unremittingly sweet and are served during special occasions.
Muffins are a smaller portions of bread ( essentially quick bread) . They can be sweet or of the savoury type ,by and large eaten for breakfast or as an accompaniment for tea time.
If you threw a cupcake against the wall, you would hear something of a “poof!” If you threw a muffin, you would hear a “thud!” A commenter writes on the English Forum
Time for my judgement ??? Off course the cupcake.. They are beautified with the lovely icing and that’s the icing on the cake.
Quite surprised , I have never posted a frosted cupcake recipe ever in my blog.. Well ,I go to admit ..I have tried it just once … Remembered my antic… My cup cake was baked just right.. I went on and did my icing straight away without cooling them… And… all the icing went sway…. Cant get any better …..
This is the second instant , I m on it… No room for errors… Made my cupcake the previous day and did the frosting the day after…
I chanced upon Baking Mad website , and made up mind to try their easy peesy cupcake recipe . Think ..!! Think … !! And ultimately settled to do their frosted Chocolate cupcake beauties. Tweeted the recipe with the available ingredients at home. Replaced Creme Fraiche for Double cream .Omitted the chocolate chips.
Recipe Adapted from Baking Mad
|Sef Raising Flour||200gm|
|Sunflower Oil||150 ml|
|Vanilla Essence||1 Tsp|
|Pink Color||A drop ( optional)|
- Pre heat oven 170 C, fan oven 150 C, 325 F, Gas Mark 3.
- Line the muffin tray with the liners.
- In a large mixing bowl , place the dry ingredients – Flour, Sugar & cocoa powder together. Give them a good stir. Top it up with wet ingredients one by one – OIl , cream & eggs. Whisk them together until smooth and slightly fudgy.
- Spoon the mixture into the cases until 3/4th .Bake for 20 minutes until a skewer comes out clean when inserted. Cool on a rack before decorating.
- For Vanilla Butter cream icing : Beat the butter using an electric whisk or a wooden spoon until soft. Gradually include the icing sugar and beat until smooth. Add one teaspoon of the milk and vanilla extract and beat the mixture until creamy and smooth. Beat in a lil more milk, if necessary, to loosen the mixture. Stir in food color to make your icing attractive.
- Spoon the icing on top of your cooled cupcake or pipe the icing on the cupcakes to make them attractive.
Place the butter onto your kitchen counter atleast 30 minutes prior to start.
If its taken out from the freezer , keep it out a couple of hours and let me get to room temperature.
How do we determine if the butter is at room temperature? When u push your finger onto the butter , it should leave an intend .. and we know its ready for use.. The butter should be soft.. neither warm nor melty..