I must tell you guys, these are the best Perfect Chocolate Truffles !! I can certainly vouch and all of them were gone with the wind one evening !!
It’s the season for jingles, glitter, red ribbons, papers crunching, gift wrappers leaving tell-tale signs on the floor. How quickly a year has passed! Are we ready to welcome a new year so soon?
It’s also the season for homemade goodies as people cook for family, friends, and colleagues and their ovens go on overdrive. I bet there is no other month that can boast of such an overload of cookies, candy, cakes and sweets as much as December can. The sweet aroma of baking, spices, and sugar wafts through the air, and I think this is as good a time as any to make some delicious chocolate truffle. It’s easy and indulgent and you just can’t stop with one!
My first experience with chocolate truffles was when a family friend brought us a box of Belgian truffles. As I took bite after bite, with the cocoa powder and soft truffle melting on my tongue, I was in love! I’m pretty sure that you will love truffle, too.
What are you waiting for? Try it out!
I have a recipe for Cake Crumble Truffle too. They can be made with leftover cake crumbles.
PERFECT CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES
|Plain Chocolate||75 gm|
|Dark Chocolate – 70% Cocoa||100 gm|
|Whipped Cream / Double Cream||75 ml|
|Vanilla essence||1 tsp|
|Cocoa powder||4-5 Tblspn|
|Icing Sugar||3-4 tsp|
Use extremely good quality chocolate & cocoa powder for making Truffle. Everything comes from them… I have used Lindt Chocolates and Cadbury Cocoa Powder here.
- Pour the Whipping Cream onto a milk pan. You could alternatively use Double Cream / Extra Thick fresh cream. Bring the cream to a rolling boiling point with continuous whisking. Turn of the gas and add in all the chocolate pieces.Blend them together with thorough mixing until we get a smooth mixture ,called ganache.
- Throw in some vanilla essence and give the ganache a good stir.
- Cover it with cling film and allow it to set in the fridge for roughly 1- 1.5 hours. It can take slightly longer for some..
- When the mixture has set, use a teaspoon or a melon scooper to spoon out bite-sized pieces. Dust your hands lightly with icing sugar to prevent them sticking and roll the pieces into balls in the palms of your hands.
- Immediately roll the truffles in sifted cocoa powder and place on the prepared tray to set.
- Alternatively , just scoop out the set ganache with a tea spoon and gently drop a few onto the plate dusted with a bit of cocoa powder. Dust cocoa powder with the help of a tea strainer onto them. This will give us rock like appearance truffles. Lesser handling the chocolates is better as the warmth of the palm will cause them to melt.
Storing & Serving
These Chocolate truffles should be kept in an airtight container in the fridge. Dust a little extra cocoa powder with a tea strainer before serving to freshen them up. You can also keep the truffles in indivisual paper cases .
My lovely tasters just close their eyes when they have the whole thing and explained the slow transformation of bitter coco powder to the melting chocolate until its all gone.. I wud say , This is Bingo for people who love truffle and appreciate a bit of dark chocolate..
You could use in some nuts , icing sugar , melted chocolate for rolling the truffle. Try splashing sum bailey’s irish cream / rum for liquerish truffles.
For people prefering less of dark chocolate , use just plain chocolate for melting.