All you need is a Bowl , Whisk & a Spatula!
Serve these eggless muffins for breakfast , tea or at snack time – they are super delicious and loaded with blueberry goodness. Learn how to make these easy eggless muffins with step by step instructions.
EGGLESS BLUEBERRY MUFFINS WITH OIL
I first learnt to make blueberry muffins in 2010, from hand written notes given by my neighbour. However over time, I started making tiny bit of adjustments until I found my perfectly easy blueberry muffins recipe without butter and eggs.
These easy blueberry muffins are soft, sweet and loaded with blueberry goodness – perfect as healthy snack!
WHY SHOULD YOU TRY IT?
- Perfect Kids friendly muffin recipe. This can be an easy recipe to introduce your children to baking.
- All you need is a bowl, whisk and a spatula ! You don’t need a stand mixer or hand mixer to make these easy muffins.
- Nothing can beat that aroma of the freshly baked cupcake at home
- Ready in flat 30 minutes.
- Double or even Triple this recipe for birthday parties
- Healthy snack and delicious with your breakfast too!
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED FOR SIMPLE EGG-FREE MUFFINS
All the ingredients for these easy peasy muffins are measured in CUPS, for baking with kids! Detailed ingredient measurements, instructions, and notes can be found on the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page. Here is a summary:
Blueberries – I recommend using fresh blueberries. You can also use frozen blueberries, but do not thaw them before use.
Plain Flour – For this recipe, I have used Plain flour or All Purpose flour.
Sugar – My recipe calls for 1/4 Cup of sugar so they are not too sweet. These eggless muffins get their sweetness from seasonal blueberries.
Salt – To add flavor
Baking Powder – Check that your baking powder is not expired.
Baking Soda – It will work like a rising agent in combination with apple cider vinegar.
Apple Cider Vinegar – Works as a good egg replacer.
Oil – Use any neutral flavor oil in this recipe. I have used sunflower oil. You can also use canola oil or vegetable oil.
Vanilla extract – To add flavor
Buttermilk – Be sure to keep your buttermilk ready for making this recipe. If you don’t have buttermilk handy, check for the tips below on how to make homemade buttermilk.
HOW TO MAKE EASY BLUEBERRY MUFFINS STEP BY STEP
This recipe for eggless muffins is simple and straightforward.
1.Preheat the Oven & Arrange liners in the pan -Preheat the oven to 190 C. Arrange muffin liners in the pan. Coat the blueberries in 1 tsp flour and set it aside.
2.Mix the Dry Ingredients together – Sift & Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. Mix the wet ingredients together – Add all the wet ingredients in a separate bowl and whisk to combine.
4. Combine the ingredients together – Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix it with spatula using cut & fold method. Do not over mix! Simply fold the blueberry into the muffin batter.
5. Bake– Once the muffin batter / cake batter is ready, fill the muffin liners up to 3/4 using an ice cream scooper. Bake for 15-18 minutes roughly and check with a wooden skewer.
6. Cool the Muffins – Allow the muffins to cool in the muffin pan for sometime and then transfer them on a wire rack. Serve warm.
EGGLESS BLUEBERRY MUFFINS – FAQ
HOW TO MAKE BUTTERMILK AT HOME WITH MILK?
BUTTERMILK FROM MILK – To make 1 Cup Buttermilk – pour 1 cup milk in a bowl.Stir in 1 tbsp vinegar and allow it sit for 5 minutes until it begins to curdle. Now your homemade buttermilk is ready to use.
BUTTERMILK FROM YOGURT – To make 1 Cup Buttermilk, – pour 1 Cup yogurt in a bowl. Add 1/4 – 1/2 cup water to the yogurt and whisk until you have a creamy buttermilk.
Your homemade buttermilk is ready to use!
HOW TO COOL THE MUFFINS?
Allow the muffins to cool for a few minutes in the muffin pan and then carefully transfer to a wire cooling rack. Do not cool the Muffin too long in the muffin pan – they will become soggy!
HOW MANY MUFFINS CAN I MAKE WITH THIS MEASUREMENT?
This measurement will give you 12 delicious muffins with blueberries.
CAN YOU STORE & FREEZE MUFFINS?
Once the muffin has cooled down, transfer them to freezer safe containers or bags.Store them in freezer for up to 3 months.
Muffins can be thawed in the fridge overnight or heat the frozen muffins in microwave or conventional oven.
I like to place the muffin on the plate in my microwave oven and microwave HIGH for 30 seconds for each muffin. For reheating in conventional oven – wrap the the muffins in foil and bake for approximately 12-15 minutes at 180C.
YOU MAY ALSO LOVE THESE RECIPES
HAVE YOU MADE THIS RECIPE ?
This blueberry muffins with oil tastes really delicious. You really don’t miss out on eggs in this recipe!
EGGLESS BUTTER-LESS BLUEBERRY MUFFINS RECIPE below
- 2 Cup Plain Flour ( + 1 tsp)
- ¾ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- ¼ Tsp Baking Soda
- ⅛ Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Blueberries
- 1 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ Cup Sunflower Oil
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1½ Cup Buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 375F / 190 C. Line the Muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Fold the blueberry in 1 tsp flour until well coated and set aside.
- Add flour, sugar, salt, baking powder & baking soda in a mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
- In a bowl, add buttermilk, apple cider vinegar, oil , vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Gradually add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Cut & fold the ingredients together with a silicone spatula.Make sure all the ingredients get combined well into a thick batter. Do not overmix!
- Fold the blueberries in the muffin batter until gently combined.
- Fill the moulds up to 3/4th cup.Bake for 15-18 minutes roughly and check with a wooden skewer.Allow the eggless blueberry muffins to cool on a wire rack.