This 5-minute creamy coriander sauce is a versatile dressing that can enhance the flavours of chips, salads, tray bakes, sandwiches and more. Made with fresh coriander leaves, yogurt, garlic, and a few other simple ingredients, this Coriander Lime sauce is delicious.
About this easy Homemade Coriander sauce
This coriander yogurt sauce is incredibly quick and easy to make just like our Green Chutney recipe. Plus, it’s super versatile and can be used as a dip, dressing, or spread. The sauce has a creamy texture because of adding yogurt that pairs well with so many meals.
The only prep time involved is for washing the coriander leaves and peeling the garlic. Add all the ingredients to a food processor or blender and process smooth. It’s as simple as that!
This Yoghurt coriander dip is a lifesaver for busy people who want to add a flavourful and nutritious touch to their meals without spending too much time in the kitchen.
You can easily buy Coriander and Lime sauce from Waitrose or Sainsburys and they cost about 2£ for a bottle! But why settle for store-bought sauces when you can whip up your own delicious sauce in just 5 minutes!
Ingredients for Coriander & Lime Sauce
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Fresh Coriander(Cilantro): This recipe uses fresh coriander, including both the leaves and the stalk, which add a fresh, herbal flavour to the sauce.
- Yogurt: Yogurt gives the sauce a creamy texture and tangy flavour, balancing out the zesty lime and spicy jalapeno.
- Garlic: It adds depth and complexity to the sauce, enhancing its overall flavour.
- Lime: The juice and zest of a lime give the sauce a bright, citrusy flavour that pairs perfectly with the cilantro and other ingredients.
- Green chilli or Jalapeno: For a bit of heat, my recipe calls for one jalapeno, which you can adjust to your preferred level of spiciness.
- Olive Oil: A drizzle of olive oil adds richness and depth to the sauce, rounding out its flavours and giving it a smooth texture.
- Salt to taste
How to make Creamy Coriander Lime Sauce?
Add all the ingredients – fresh coriander, yogurt, garlic, jalapeno, water and salt to the food processor or high speed blender. Whizz till it is smooth.
The recipe is as simple as that!
Spread it on sandwiches.
Storing leftover Coriander Sauce
To keep your coriander sauce fresh and flavourful, store any leftover sauce in an airtight container in the fridge. The sauce should stay good for up to 4 days, but be sure to give it a good stir before using it, as the ingredients may separate over time.
Tips to make the Best coriander sauce
Choose fresh lime juice for a vibrant colour in the creamy coriander sauce. If fresh lime is not available, you can use fresh lemon juice or bottled lime juice as a substitute.
Opt for fresh ingredients, such as coriander and jalapenos, to enhance the sauce’s taste and aroma.
Use a food processor, chutney grinder, bullet-style blender, or high-speed blender to blend the sauce into a creamy, smooth texture.
Variations & Substitutions
- To make a vegan version of the creamy coriander sauce, replace the Greek yogurt with vegan mayo or vegan yogurt.
- For a creamy avocado cilantro lime sauce, add some avocado to the recipe.
- If you cannot find jalapenos or prefer a milder taste, use green chilli instead, or omit the chili altogether.
- Like it a bit thinner, add a little more water.
If you love this sauce, you will also love
Homemade Coriander and Lime Dip recipe below
- 2 cups coriander packed
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup water + more as needed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeno or green chilli
- ½ tsp salt
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ avocado optional
- Place all the ingredients in a blender jar.2 cups coriander, ½ cup Greek yogurt, ¼ cup water, 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 garlic cloves, 1 jalapeno, ½ tsp salt, Juice of 1 lime, ½ avocado
- Blend until the mixture becomes smooth and creamy.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning and consistency as desired.½ tsp salt, ¼ cup water
- Serve the sauce as a dip, spread, or topping.
Variations & Substitutions* To make a vegan version of the creamy coriander sauce, replace the Greek yogurt with vegan mayo or vegan yogurt.
* For a creamy avocado cilantro lime sauce, add some avocado to the recipe.
* If you cannot find jalapenos or prefer a milder taste, use green chilli instead, or omit the chili altogether.
* Like it a bit thinner, add a little more water.