Skip the Takeaway today and make this Quick and Easy Vegetable Korma! It can be on your table in just 30 minutes, making it perfect for busy nights.
One thing I have identified recently is that I love Quick and Easy Vegetarian / Vegan recipes but there are not many on my blog yet. I cook so many of the super easy recipes for dinner, ready in just 30 minutes, but somehow many of them never made it to the blog.
So here is one of our favorite Creamy Indian Korma recipe that cooks in just 20 minutes.
THE VEGAN KORMA SAUCE
To make this creamy Indian Vegetable Korma, it all starts with a good Kurma sauce recipe.
Although you can buy store-bought sauce for convenience, I prefer to make it at home. Homemade Korma Sauce is authentic, delicious, full-on flavor and so much lighter in texture. It is so easy to customize the spice level when you make it at home.
First make the Onion Puree with white onion, ginger, garlic, chili, and cashew nuts. Add this prepared onion puree along with fragrant spice powders to the pan and cook briefly until fragrant.
This forms the base of the easiest and the most delicious Korma Sauce.
ABOUT THIS CREAMY EASY VEGETABLE KORMA
This recipe is really one of those types that you really cannot go wrong! Serve with your favorite flatbread, Chutney, pickle, and Raita.
I can admit, this Vegetable Korma is simply tastier than the Korma that my local Indian takeaway serves. Although we love so many of the dishes from our takeaway, I can vouch our homemade Vegetable Korma is the best!
Onion, Ginger, Garlic, Cashew nut, Coconut Flavored Sauce that is 100% Vegan and you really can’t go wrong with this Easy Vegetable Korma.
Stir in all the delicious spices – ground coriander, cardamom, cinnamon curry powder, black pepper, turmeric and you have one easy delicious Veg Korma.
You know how much we love Quick Korma Curry and I have another recipe for Creamy Tofu Korma for you to try if you run out of vegetables at home.
SERVING SUGGESTIONS FOR COCONUT VEGETARIAN KORMA
I recently made this Vegetable Korma and served it with Tandoori Roti made with Elephant Atta medium with Sunshine. You will find the recipe for Tandoori roti on their website.
You will also love
HAVE YOU MADE THIS RECIPE ?
Be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a ★ rating!
Post a photo of your creation on my Facebook page, share it on Instagram, or save it to Pinterest with the tag #sandhyaskitchen. I would love to see your pictures of these Quick and Easy Air fryer Frozen Hashbrowns.
EASY VEGETABLE KORMA curry RECIPE BELOW
FOR THE ONION PUREE
- 1 large white onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 inch ginger peeled
- 1 – 2 green chilli
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- ½ cup water
FOR THE KORMA base
- Almond flakes
- Red Chilli diced
- Coriander leaves
- In a small blender jar, place the onion, garlic, ginger, green chilli, cashews, water and process till smooth.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan over medium heat. Add the pureed onion sauce mixture, spice powders and cook till fragrant.
- Add the diced tomato, mixed vegetables, coconut milk and sugar. Stir to combine. Cover the pan with a lid, and allow to simmer for at least 8- 10 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove the glass lid and cook for another 4-5 minutes. Taste for seasoning and add more as needed. Garnish with almond flakes, red chilli and coriander leaves.
- Serve with easy Flatbread, Cucumber Raita and Pickled Onions for a delicious combination.