Try this super easy Eggless Crepes recipe made with only 5 Ingredients! These french style crepes are made with no eggs and no dairy. Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy a delicious breakfast or dessert.
EGG FREE CREPES RECIPE
The very first time I had French crepes was at Alliance Française of Madras about two decades ago. My friends and I visited the school for an event at the French School. These French crêpes were very thin large pancake to a very similar size of a wrap and served with Nutella or with Lemon Sugar topping. I loved them so much and came back home and tried it.
I just could not resist and asked the chef how to make it then and there. Although traditional French crepes are made with eggs, I tried the recipe without eggs and it was so delicious.
The recipe is super simple and requires only 5 ingredients. First, prepare the crepe batter by whisking the ingredients together. Then prepare the beautiful thin crepes one after the other in a non-stick crepe pan.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THESE EGGLESS CREPES
- A handful of Ingredients – This is a super easy Vegan crepe made with only 5 Ingredients.
- Budget-friendly and is made with easily available ingredients
- So easy to customize.- Use any dairy-free milk or regular milk.
- Easy Kids-friendly recipe and perfect exercise to cook with kids.
- Prep ahead – Make this ahead of time and store up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
- Because you have run out of eggs and you want to make the most delicious Vegan crepes
- You don’t eat Eggs
You’ll need only 5 Frugal Ingredients to make this Dairy Free Crepes. If you are not keen on Vegan Crepes, use regular Dairy milk
- Plain Flour or All-Purpose Flour – Sift the flour to make the crepes. They give fantastic textures and taste. For healthy crepes, use Whole Wheat Flour ( Atta )
- Dairy-Free Milk – Any dairy-free milk works well. But I prefer Oat milk or Soy milk in this recipe. If you are good with dairy, use regular whole milk.
- Sugar – I prefer Caster Sugar or Light Brown Sugar in the recipe. It totally depends on what’s in the pantry.
- Vanilla Extract adds a hint of sweet flavor to the crepes.
- Vegan Butter melted or Avocado Oil
HOW TO MAKE EGGLESS CREPES?
I am used to making Lentil Crepes at home regularly, so making thin French Crepes is simple Just needs a little practice on swirling the pan with the batter and flipping with a spatula.
Heat the non stick pan and grease it with butter or oil. When the pan is getting heated, prepare the crepes batter.
To a mixing bowl, sift the flour and then add sugar. Make a deep well and add wet ingredients one after the other. Whisk well to have a smooth free flowing batter. Keep in mind the batter must not be too thick. It must be thinner than the pancake batter.
This batter does not require any resting and can be made immediately.
Pour 1 ladleful of batter to the nonstick pan and swirl the pan in a circular motion to spread the batter. Alternatively a simpler trick is to use the back of a ladle and spread the batter.
When the bubbles begin to appear at approximately 1 minute and the bottom turns brown, flip the thin pancake with a spatula and cook for another 1 minute or so. Transfer them into a warm plate, stacking the eggless crepes between a greaseproof paper.
Once the crepe’s have come to room temeperature, store the left over crepes in the fridge for upto 3 days.
Enjoy with all your favorite toppings.
PRO TIPS TO MAKE THE BEST EGGLESS CREPES
The Ingredients must be at room temperature. This is necessary so that the batter is lump free. The easiest thing is quickly warm up the milk in the microwave. Rest of the ingredients are always at room temperature.
Use a whisk or a hand mixer to mix the ingredients vigorously.
Non Stick Pan helps in making beautiful thin crepes. The regular pans / cast iron pans can be too heavy, may stick, and can be difficult to make swirls.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH EGG FREE CREPES
Serve these eggless french crepes with lemon and sugar or with nutella. Remember to have fun with the toppings and serve with all your favorites.
CREPE FILLINGS SUGGESTIONS
- Nutella or any other Chocolate Spread
- Berries and Cream
- Classic Lemon and Sugar
- Icing Sugar, Maple Syrup, and Berries
- Banana and Honey
MORE EASY EGGLESS RECIPES
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE, YOU WILL ALSO LOVE THESE VEGAN DIPPING SAUCES
HAVE YOU MADE THIS RECIPE?
Be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a ★ rating!
- 1 Cup Plain Flour
- 1⅛ -1¼ Cup Dairy free milk
- 1 Tbsp Avocado Oil or Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Sugar ( caster sugar or icing sugar )
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Oil for Greasing the Pan
- Mint Sprigs
- Icing sugar
- In a large mixing bowl , mix together Plain flour, Sugar.
- Now gradually add the Wet Ingredients one by one to the dry, with constant whisking in between, making sure there is no large lump formation. Small lumps are acceptable.There is no resting required for this recipe.
- Heat the non-stick pan on low heat, dab oil with a tissue paper just enough for greasing. Scoop a small ladleful of the batter onto the pan. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
- When the bubbles begin to appear at approximately 1 minute and the bottom turns brown, flip the thin pancake with a spatula and cook for another 1 minute or so.
- Transfer them into a warm plate, stacking the eggless crepes between a greaseproof paper.
- To Serve, spread a layer of Whipped Cream inside the Eggless Crepes, scatter berries, dust icing sugar or a drizzle of honey and Enjoy.