Make these scrumptious No Onion No Garlic Green Peas Kebab at home in just 30 minutes!
Its Cold and Snowy today with a high of 0C and low of -4 C but feels like -10. We have been uninvitedly visited by the Beauty and the Beast:) Storm Emma meets the “Beast from the East” causing severe disruption across the country this week.
This is not the first time, we are snow struck in UK! But the severe windchill is the reason for worry and cause for disruption. Expecting the weather to be bitter, we have been prudent and stocked up our pantry with enough grocery and basics to run through the week..
Just “Snow” is actually so beautiful. It is a reason for cheer and sets the holiday atmosphere.Kids really didn’t want to go to school today as they just wanted to snuggle into the blanket till late.. But school sent a text early this morning saying they would close early today as the snow will be accompanied by strong winds, leading to the potential for drifting of lying snow. Yay! Yay!! The kids and ‘US’ had a reason to smile:)
Mummy decided to treat the little ones these crispy Green Peas Kebabs to enjoy after school. These Green Peas Kebab are crispy and brown on the outside with a soft, peasy and creamy flavours inside.
The easiest and quickest way to make these kebab’s is to use frozen peas that is stock in the freezer. This gives the flexibility to make these delightful Green Peas Kebab all season.
So what has this Green Peas Kebab got? Very simple and basic ingredients that readily available in the pantry. Green Peas ( Hare Matar ), Potatoes, Green Chilli, Coriander leaves, mint leaves, corn flour and bread crumbs.
Without much ado let me share the detailed recipe that can be made in 30 minutes for your family.
- 1 Tbsp Sunflower Oil
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Cup Frozen Green Peas
- 1 Large Boiled Potato
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1 Tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 Tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Mint leaves
- 3 Tbsp coriander leaves
For outer coating
- 1 Bread Blitzed into Bread Crumbs
- 4 Tbsp Cornflour
- Water as needed
Oil for frying
- Blanch the green peas for 5 minutes in hot water and set them aside. Once they cool down, blend them along with green chillies into a coarse puree.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.Once the cumin seeds crackles, add the coarse peas puree, grated ginger and stir well.
- Add crumbled potato to the pan, mix them well.
- Add approximately 3/4 Tsp of Salt, coriander powder, garam masala and lemon juice and stir the mixture well. Turn off the flame and add finely chopped coriander leaves and mint leaves. Mix them well.
- Prepare a thick Cornflour slurry by mixing corn flour with water.
- Add a slice of bread in the blender and pulse them coarse to Bread Crumbs
- Heat the Appe Pan with oil just enough to fill 3/4th of the mould.
- Using a teaspoon, pick the kebab dough and shape it round. Dip them into Cornflour slurry followed by breadcrumbs and set it aside. Repeat the process with the remaining dough. Add the prepared kebabs in the pan and fry until golden brown throughout.
- Alternatively shallow fry the kebabs in the pan as usual.
- Serve these green peas kebab with ketchup. Alternatively add them to your tortilla's, top them with chutneys and enjoy the wrap.