Halloween Pretzels – Mini Pretzel dipped in white candy melts and decorated with candy eyes!
Looking for a super easy Halloween treat that everyone can enjoy? Try these ghost Halloween Pretzels! Made with only 3 ingredients, these spooky pretzels treats are ready in just 10 minutes.
About this recipe
My 9 years old daughter is artistic and she loves creating art with food too. She looks forward to Halloween every year, so we could create some interesting treats together and have lots of fun too – just like the Sausages mummies.
These Halloween Ghost Pretzels are one of the super quick treats we make every year. We love how cute and spooky they look, even though they are imperfect.
Halloween treats really don’t have to be elaborate. I like to put together treats with ingredients already available in my pantry.
Whenever I have leftover candy melts from Halloween popcorn, we would use the colored candy melt for the ghost pretzels too. She loves rainbowy mummy pretzels and they are soo inviting!
However, I do like to keep it easy and simple sometimes and we use just plain white candy melt or white chocolate.
Who doesn’t love these Halloween bite-sized party food – a combination of salt & sweet treats! If you are looking for the perfect treat for celebrating Halloween with kids – try this Halloween pretzel recipe.
Why you’ll love this recipe?
- Monster Ghost Pretzels are super simple, quick, and easy than you can imagine.
- You will need only three ingredients – Pretzel twists or Pretzel rods, candy melt, and googly eyes.
- The ghoulish treats recipe is adaptable – Use the ingredients you have got at hand.
- It’s not about perfecting the Halloween pretzels and making them precisely. It’s the imperfection in the treats that makes them look so cute, spooky, and eye candy.
- Perfect kids-friendly recipe!
- Pack them in cellophane bags and hand it over after the Halloween-themed party.
You will need only 3 ingredients to make Mummy & Ghost Pretzels for Halloween.
Pretzels – I have used mini pretzel twists for making ghost and pretzel sticks for mummies. You can buy any size of pretzel twists for the ghosts – large/mini, plain, or salty. Salty pretzels compliment the sweetness from the candy well.
Candy melts – This recipe uses white candy melts. You can also use colored candy melts if you like. If candy melt is not available, use white chocolate chips.
Googly eyes or Candy eyes – Use edible candy eyes for the ghost pretzels.
Stey by Step Instructions
For making Ghost Pretzels – We start by melting the candy melts according to the package instructions. Place the candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl and cook in a burst of 15 seconds at 500W. Stir with a silicone spatula to make sure it’s smooth.
Now place the 3-4 pretzels at a time in the candy melt. Pick one at a time with a fork, shaking the excess, and arrange on parchment paper.
Place edible candy eyes when it’s still wet. Ghost Pretzels will air dry in about 10 minutes. Drizzle the candy melt with a spoon or pipe the candy melt over the ghost pretzels to create a mummy effect. This is optional!
For making Mummy Pretzels sticks / rods – Pour the melted candy in a cup. So it’s easy to dip the pretzel stick/rod into the candy melt. Dip a third of the pretzel stick or pretzel rod into the candy melts. Allow it to air dry for 10 minutes. Drizzle the candy melt with a spoon or pipe the candy melt over pretzel sticks criss cross to create a mummy effect.
Halloween Pretzel ideas – Kids friendly Halloween recipes
Colorful ghost pretzels– You can use a variety of rainbow candy melts if you fancy or just stick to white candy melts. If none are available use white chocolate chips or dark chocolate.
Chocolate covered Pretzel rods
Monster Pretzels – Place one candy melt over each of the pretzel and bake briefly until the candy melts. Now place the candy eyes.
Witch finger pretzels – Last year I really could not find pretzel rods, so made witch finger breads sticks in the same way. Use my recipe for witch fingers as inspiration to create Halloween pretzel rods.
Pretzel Owl – Dip the pretzel twist into the melted dark chocolate. Shake off the excess and arrange on a baking tray. Place the two edible candy eyes and one white chocolate chip for the nose. Alternatively you can use blanched almond for the nose.
Pretzel bones – Push the mini marshmallows on both the ends of the pretzel sticks / rods to resemble a bone. Now dip the bones in the white candy melt, shake off the excess and arrange on a baking tray to air dry.
Where can I buy Candy Melts in the UK?
I buy Wilton candy melt or Fun Deco Candy melts from Hobby craft in the UK or from Amazon. If either of them is not available, you can simply use white and dark chocolate chips, easily available in your local stores.
How long do the Halloween Pretzels keep?
Store the Halloween pretzels in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to a week.
If you love this recipe, you will also love these easy Halloween treats for kids
Easy Halloween Pretzels recipe below
- 15 mini Pretzels twists
- 15 Pretzel sticks
- 1/2 pack White Candy melts 120 g
- Edible candy eyes googly eyes
- Arrange a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the candy melts as per packet instructions. Place the candy melt in a microwave-safe bowl and melt the chocolate/ candy melts at 500W in bursts of 15 seconds. Stir with a silicone spatula and then place it back in the microwave for another 15-20 seconds. Stir well to check if they have completely melted.For a thinner consistency, mix in 1/2 tsp vegetable oil. ( optional )
For Ghost Pretzels
- Quickly drop a few pretzels in the melted candy melt.
- Using a fork, pick the candy-coated pretzel twist, shake off the excess and place them on a parchment paper. Repeat the process for the remaining pretzel twists.
- When the pretzel is still a bit wet, place the edible candy eyes.
- Once the pretzels are nearly dry, drizzle the candy melt on the pretzel twists crisscross to give it mummy effect.
For Mummy Pretzel sticks /rods
- Pour the melted candy melt in a cup to fit the pretzels. Place the sticks one at a time, working quickly, and then shake the excess. Arrange on the parchment paper to dry. Once the pretzels are nearly dry, drizzle the candy melt on the pretzel twists crisscross to give it mummy effect.