Hara Bhara Kabab, popularly known as Green kebab fritters is loaded with goodness of Spinach, Peas and Green Pepper, tossed in essential Indian spices.
Talk of wintery rainy days, all I can think off are these Vegetable loaded Hara Bhara Kebab to accompany some Indian Masala Chai. These Kebab’s are an amazing Indian appetiser or how about serving them inside slider buns loaded with salad leaves?
Thinking of healthy appetisers recipes, I have got you some
Don’t forget to check it out.
We have been quite lucky this year with the weather so far.. Winter has kicked off and it has been on and off and we do get breathers in terms of cladding with layers. This week kickstarted with Samosa, Soya Cutlet, Sabudana Vada and today Hara Bhara Kebab for snack. My husband and children are actually wondering if everything is ok with me 🙂
What is Hara Bhara Kebab?
To decipher Hara Bhara Kebab in simple terms,
Hara is Green color
Bhara means loaded
Kebab are like cutlets
These Kebab cutlets are a great way to sneak in greens like spinach, green peas and green peppers into your family’s diet.
HOW TO MAKE HARA BHARA KEBAB?
Hara Bhara Kebab is made by binding blanched spinach, potatoes, peppers, green peas and spices together. Then pinch small balls from the prepared mixture, pat it flat and shallow fry it.
As we have used potatoes in the recipe, I do not prefer to use bread crumbs. But the choice is totally yours.
This veg hara bhara kabab can be deep fried, shallow fried, pan fried and baked. I prefer to shallow fry or pan fry the kababs and enjoy the healthy appetiser guilt free.
CAN I FREEZE THE HARA BHARA KABAB ?
Why not? If You can prepare the cutlet patties a little ahead of time and save them in air tight containers or zip lock bags for later. These delicious kabab’s are great party starters too.
IF YOU ENJOY MAKING ANY OF MY RECIPES, PLEASE DON’T FORGET TO TAG #SANDHYASKITCHEN ON INSTAGRAM OR TWITTER!
KEEP IN TOUCH AND DON’T MISS OUT ON ANY OF SANDHYA’S KITCHEN BY SUBSCRIBING BELOW.
HOW TO MAKE VEGETABLE HARA BHARA KEBAB
- 500 g spinach
- 1 Cup frozen green peas
- 1 Large Green pepper or capsicum chopped into chunks
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 Green Chillies minced
- 300 g Boiled Potato peeled
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Amchur Powder
- 3/4 tsp Clove - Cardamom- Cinnamon powder or 1/4 Tsp of each powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- Salt to taste
- Blanch the spinach. Squeeze out the water and set it aside.
- Heat Oil in a kadai, add the cumin seeds. Once they splutter add in grated ginger, green chillies . Saute for 1 minute.
- Add chopped Green peppers and saute for about 2 minutes. Its time to add frozen green peas to the pepper mixture. Saute for another 5 minutes.If the peas are not tender, you may cook for a little longer.Add the spinach, coriander leaves along with dry spice powders and mix well. Saute until all the moisture is reduced. Ideally the mixture needs to stick to the pan. Remove from heat and set the mixture said to cool down. Grind them into a rough paste in your blender.
- To the Green paste, add 1 Large grated boiled potato, breadcrumbs and cornflour. Mix them with a ladle until they combine well. Shape them into round patties, dust them into the breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a pan. Shallow fry them for 3-4 minutes or until bottom surface turns light brown. Turn the kebabs and repeat the process.
- Repeat the process for the remaining 14 of them.serve hara bhara kebab hot with chutney’s.