Over the weekend , we went to Tesco’s for grocery shopping in half filled stomach. And we ended up picking up Cookie tins , Crisps ,Bars & so on. One among them was a tin of Danish Cookies.. Yummy Yummy. Reading through the ingredients of the cookies , I was struck with an idea.. Why not try making them at home?? My first attempt at Biscuits… & not bad at all. Its quite simple & takes under 40 minutes overall.
- 75gm self-rising flour
- 75gm plain flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 70gm butter
- 50gm sugar.I have used light brown soft sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- PreSet oven at 160 degrees C .
- In the mean while ,take a large bowl & sift flours and cinnamon together.
In a separate bowl, mix butter and sugar until smooth.Now add egg and mix them well using a hand blender or a egg beater .
- Stir in the dry ingredients(flour -cinnamon mix) and mix into firm dough using hand. Knead until a soft dough is obtained . Approximately roll to 4-5mm thickness & Cut into shapes of choice. Now place them on a greased ovenproof tray. I sprayed a bit of sunflower oil to coat the tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven until light golden colour, about 15 mins. Now shift it to a cool rack for 5 min & allow the buiscuit to harden.
- Light Sugary Cinnamon biscuits are just in time to be served with tea.
Inspired from All receipes