AIRFRYER CROUTONS – Make your own perfect, crispy Croutons at home.
Store them in an air tight container and have them at your disposal for your soups, snacks or salads.
Heyy November !!! With the bustling noise of fallen dried leaves and early dark evenings, I have the urge to have a bowl of soup often and many times, its incomplete when there are no toppings.. Have you tried making Croutons at home ??
Often when we visit our local superstores Tesco’s, there are breads available on 90%clearance than the regular price with a two day shelf life. I do not see a reason why I should not be buying it. There are a countless ways we incorporate them in our daily meals right from the start of the day. After 2 days, when I know they are at the end of shelf life, I make some Croutons at home for literally nothing. Buying Croutons from the stores are an easy and expensive option, but making them home is easier, with abundant choices to throw in flavours and healthy too.
I made two batches of croutons with 6 slices of Farmhouse bread in my Philips airfryer. #airfryertakein You can make some in your oven too by spreading them evenly on your baking tray and baking at 160C.
Learn to make them in Oven with Priya’s Garlic Oregano Baked Croutons. These Italian flavors make go Mama Mia!!!
YOU WILL ALSO LOVE THESE AIRFRYER RECIPES
HAVE YOU MADE THIS HOMEMADE RECIPE ?
Be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a ★ rating!
Easy Homemade Croutons recipe
- 6 Bread slices
- 3-4 Tblspn of Spreadable Butter
- Dried Parsley
- 2 Tblspn of Olive Oil
- Dried Parsley
- Sprinkle of Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Lay 3 Bread slices on top of each other and cut them into cubes using serrated knife . I cut them slightly larger as the bread slices would shrink in size a bit.
- Having the edges or removing them is your personal choice. I have retained them for my croutons.
- In a large bowl, prepare a mixture of melted spreadable butter and dried parsley. Randomly spread it over the cubed bread pieces.
- Preheat the Philips Airfryer to 160C for 3 minutes. Once heated, place the bread cubes into the tray and air fry them for 7-8 min in total, giving them a stir in between. At this stage, the bread cubes will be slightly crispy on the outer surface and very light brown in color.
- After 8 minutes, turn the dial in your air fryer to 180 C and airfy for 4-6 minutes checking every now and then.
- Perfectly browned Croutons ( bread cubes ) will be ready to serve with your salad or heartwarming soup.
- Repeat this process with your second batch and a new flavour.