Honey Soy Fried Rice Recipe is my go-to recipe for quick and tasty meals. Imagine, if your local Chinese takeaway makes this scrumptious Fried Rice, you will want to order it every other day. But heyy!! This recipe for Honey Soy Stir Fried Rice with Tofu is just so easy to make at home. Why takeaway when you can fakeaway Stir Fry Rice in 15 minutes!!
I have teamed up with Lee Kum Kee to create an almost instant fakeaway recipe – Easy Honey Soy Fried Rice. Lee Kum Kee Sauces are available to buy at most major super markets across the UK, offering a variety of authentic Chinese sauces. The new range of convenient Sachets are just ideal to create the rich & authentic restaurant experience at home !!!
Honey Soy Stir Fried Rice has been our mid-week favourite for a while now. All thanks to the little packets of joy that allow us to stir fry quick and tasty dishes in a jiffy. Heyy, don’t you worry if you cannot find these delightful packets, you can stir Honey Soy Sauce at home too.
HONEY SOY FRIED RICE INGREDIENTS
To cook up a perfect Honey Soy stir fried rice, the golden rule is have the rice sorted. I cannot stress enough, but leftover rice that has been cooked and refrigerated works best. Instant heat and serve rice packets also does the trick! I have a detailed post on what rice you can use for Fried Rice. Do check out this post, as it has got answers for frequently asked questions.
Honey Soy Sauce is my other favourite ingredient. Add this packet of joy to saute’d vegetables, tofu and Rice. You are ready to serve this tasty meal in minutes. You can make them at home too.
What are the ingredients of Honey Soy Sauce?
Ingredients for Honey Soy Sauce are extremely flavor some and most of them are available in our pantry too. Honey, Soy Sauce, Seasame Oil, Ginger & Garlic together make up for this flavoursome sauce.
How to make Honey Soy Sauce at home?
Simply stir the ingredients mentioned below in a bowl to make your own diy honey soy sauce.
- 4- 5 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 2 tsp ginger paste
Literally any vegetable that would cook in a jiffy works for this Fried Rice just like mixed sprouts, peas, broad beans, carrots, baby corn and sweet corn. However, I have made this stir-fry rice with spring onions, baby corn, peas and carrots. I love the addition of tofu to this Honey Soy Stir Fried Rice.
Adding egg is a great source of additional protein to the Honey Soy Fried rice but it is completely optional.
I love to use sesame oil for cooking Chinese cuisine recipes and this oil brings out the authentic flavours out of the dish.
WHY MAKE HONEY SOY FRIED RICE ?
There are so many reasons why you should make Honey Soy Stir Fry Rice with Tofu at home. First and foremost this recipe has got authentic regional Chinese flavours that can be stirred up almost instantly. The sachets are convenient for everyone: right from novice cook to busy parents to families with budget constraints.
Why not!! When the little sachets of joy are healthy, better tasting and cheaper than ordering a Chinese takeaway ! There is absolutely no compromise on quality from the makers of authentic Chinese sauces – Lee Kum Kee.
ABOUT LEE KUM KEE
Lee Kum Kee is a leading Chinese Sauce Company with 130 years of experience making authentic Chinese sauces. They have come up with a new collection of Stir Fry Sauces – flavoursome favourites like Honey & Soy, Tomato & Garlic as well as classic and regional Chinese flavour options like Black Bean Garlic and Kung Pao Chicken.
There are recipe suggestions included in the sauces – to inspire you to make quick, budget friendly and healthy meals.
OTHER CHINESE INSPIRED RECIPES TO TRY
HONEY SOY FRIED RICE RECIPE BELOW
Honey Soy Fried Rice Ingredients
- 1 Tbsp Garlic finely minced
- 3 Cups of Cooked Long Grain Rice
- 75 g Baby Corn sliced diagonally
- 50 g Carrots chopped into cubes
- 50 g Peas
- 4 Spring Onions finely chopped
- 150 g of Firm Tofu cubed
- 1 Sachet 70g Lee Kum Kee Honey Soy Stir Fry Sauce
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- Salt to Taste
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Sesame oil
To make Honey Soy Fried Rice,
- Heat 1 Tbsp of Oil over medium heat. Add the cubed Tofu and stir fry until browned. Drain the tofu to a kitchen tissue and set it aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 Tbsp of oil in the same wok, add garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Now add the white part of the spring onion and stir fry until translucent.
- Add Baby Corn and Carrots and saute in high flame, tossing for a couple of minutes, just enough to leave them crunchy.Add the green peas and saute them for one more minute.
- Add Tofu,Cooked Rice,Lee Kum Kee Honey Soy Stir Fry Sauce, chilli powder, salt and pepper, and stir fry for at least 3 - 4 minutes until everything in the wok is well combined and fragrant.
- Check for seasoning and add more if needed.
- Serve Honey Soy Fried Rice in Bowls and garnish with spring onions.
Disclosure: This post is in collaboration with Lee Kum Kee. All opinions expressed here are of my own and I was not expected to express a positive opinion