How to Make Almond Milk at Home? Dairy-free, Vegan and absolutely Healthy?
Heyy All !!! Wishing you all a very Happy New Year. May this year 2016 be brighter than the one gone by; enveloped in goodness and wellbeing; bliss and endowments.
Hope you guys have had a blast and fab New Year celebrations !! Any New Year resolutions? Any photography deadlines? Well, we have had an ecstatic vacation around Christmas with our family friends in Amsterdam. Catching up with friends after years gives you the occasion to rejuvenate and yap like never before. The short trips just pump you back with a lot of positive vibes that you are all set to get back to routine .. Does it happen with you?
We often feel it and for a while now.. we plan our next short haul as soon as the first one ends… So where are we off too? Well, that’s going to b surprise.. Stay tuned !!
My very first post for the year 2016 and it has to be something healthy and energy boosting!! With a lot of celebration and sugar ladened treats, a milder energetic treat is very much desired to kick off the new year. Almond Milk – the Vegan way has been a new introduction to me early last year. When I got a chance to review Soya Milk last year, I was totally intrigued with it.. Soya Milk without the “MILK”. I ended up doing quite a bit of research understanding all the dairy free Milk options and I have been absolutely exciting to try them. Exploring my Nut repertory, I decided to choose a nut that was abundant than the other and it was Almond at this point! So Almond Milk it is .
Warning: It takes a little while to adapt the taste.But once you like it.. you will love it!
- 1 Cup raw almonds , soaked in enough water
- 3 Cups fresh water
- 1/4 Tsp Cinnamon Powder ( Optional)
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Sweeteners of your choice – Dates syrup, Agave Nectar, Honey
- Place almonds in a jar and top it with water, good enough to cover it. Soak them overnight for least 8 - 10 hours. The almonds would swell, absorbing some water.
- Rinse away the soaked water. Add the soaked, washed almonds into a blender and add 3 Cups of fresh water. Pulse high for about 2 minutes until all the almonds are broken into a fine meal and the color of the milk should be opaque and tinted white. If you are using a hi speed blender, 60 seconds is all that you need!
- Strain the almond meal through a fine sieve until all the milk is through to the bowl and a meal paste is collected on the top. Repeat this procedure at least twice to obtain a fine smooth drink. This method doesn't require any fancy gadget.
- Alternatively, if you have a muslin cloth or nut a bag, pour all the almond meal into it and gently squeeze the bag, until all the milk has collected into the bowl.
- Add vanilla extract, cinnamon powder and desired sweetener to the almond milk and give it a good stir. Pour them into the glasses and enjoy it as it is .. Pure bliss. You could store it in the fridge for up to 2 days by storing them in a glass container. Shake the jar well before drinking as the mixture tends to separate while sitting.