Hands down,This is one of the BEST Matar Paneer Butter Masala that can be made at home in less than 30 Minutes. I love serving this Indian curry with Jeera rice and Garlic Naan. And Yes, this recipe for Indian Cottage Cheese Curry with green peas doesn’t call for any Onions too.
Who can actually deny a delicious bowl of Paneer curry with warm roti / rice? Paneer curries always have a special place on occasions, but that doesn’t mean it needs to take hours to cook up a dish. This recipe for creamy paneer butter masala with matar takes just about 30 minutes and still so delicious. You just need some naan bread or roti or rice to mop the clean plate.
BTW – THIS LIST FOR 9 EVERYDAY INDIAN MEALS IS AWESOME. DON’T FORGET TO CHECKOUT THE EXTENSIVE MEAL PLAN IDEAS.
Revisiting Mutter Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
I am totally in mood to scrap some of my old images in the blog posts with a fresh outlook. I don’t find it fair when some amazing recipes get lost owing to crappy images and not having any appropriate SEO tags. But thats how it works.
This post –Matar Paneer Butter Masala dates back to March 2010 when I had posted a series of party dinner menu ideas from my little Boy’s birthday party. I am still retaining my first image for the post , also to indicate how much I have grown as a photographer over the last 9 years. As I was revisiting my older posts, I realised this long lost recipe ( in my blog) needs more love.
We make this easy Paneer Butter Masala with matar homestyle Style at least once a month and it’s an absolute favourite among kids too.
This recipe can be easily customised to a NO Onion – No Garlic Matar Paneer Butter Masala. As this recipe does not need onions for the gravy, just skip the garlic.
THE NAME ” MATAR PANEER BUTTER MASALA “
For all the Paneer lovers, this recipe is a cross between Matar Paneer and Paneer Butter Masala – that you will love! There is never too many recipes for Paneer, isn’t it!
But why add Matar ( Mutter or Peas ) to the traditional Paneer Butter Masala?
Well, I find a perfect reason to include Shelled peas to my children’s diet where they just can’t refuse. They enjoy Paneer but it comes along with Matar too. I try not to be a typical mum, instead I love to find opportunities to sneak in extra portions of vegetables and fruits.
Without holding much, I would love to share this recipe for fool proof Matar Panner Butter Masala with you.
HAVE YOU MADE MY BEST PANEER BUTTER MASALA WITH PEAS ?
Post a photo on my Facebook page, share it on Instagram, or save it to Pinterest with the tag #sandhyaskitchen. I would love to see your pictures on this HOMESTYLE PANEER BUTTER MASALA CURRY WITH MATAR.
MATAR PANEER BUTTER MASALA RECIPE BELOW
- 250 g Paneer cut into approx 16 cubes
- 3/4 Cup Boiled Peas
- 2 Large Vine Tomatoes
- 3 Garlic Pods
- 1 ' Ginger
- 1 Tblspn Double Concentrate Tomato Puree
- 1 Tsp Tomato Ketchup
- 3/4 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1 Tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Chilli Powder
- Approx 3/4 - 1 Tsp Salt to taste
- 1 Tsp Kasturi Methi
- 2 Tblspn Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Cup Semi Skimmed Milk
- 1/4 Cup Cream
- 1/4- 1/2 Cup of water as needed
- 11/2 Tsp Honey
- 2 Bayleaf
- 10 -12 Nos Cashewnut soaked in 1/4 Cup hot water atleast for 15 minutes
- Fine blend the Soaked Cashewnut and set it aside.
- Heat butter in a non stick pan , Add bay leaves and saute for a minute. Make a fine paste grinding together tomatoes, ginger,garlic. Add them to the pan and cook until the tomatoes begin to reduce.
- Add double concentrate tomato puree and tomato sauce to the mixture and cook for a minute. Add all the powders - turmeric,cumin, coriander ,garam masala and salt .Cook until butter/ghee separates from the masala's.
- Add a rounded Tsp of honey along with milk, cashewnut puree, cream and about 1/4 cup of water and allow it to boil. Make sure to cover the gravy with a lid as the tomatoes puree tend to splutter out. Add in Peas along with paneer and the required salt and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Garnish with ,kasturi methi(remember to fry the methi for few sec on the tava and then crush them between ur palm) & coriander leaves and serve Mutter Paneer Butter Masala hot with nan or phulkas.