Mexican Mason Jar Salad. Let me warn you this super dooper easy mason jar salads are going to be your favourite lunch hence forth. Good News is, Its Vegan and Gluten free too!
I call this Mexican Mason Salad jar a deconstructed version of my Nachos Salad. It is loaded with goodness of homemade salsa, kidney beans, corn, guacamole and much more!! Delicious and totally nutritious. You are going to love every single mouthful of this Mexican salad jar. Take this Tacos Salad jar to work or to school – Its really amazing! This mason jar salad is so so easy, you can prep ahead for a week !!
HOW TO BUILD A MASON JAR SALAD?
Choose a Salad Jar / Mason Jar that is big enough to accommodate your favourite salad ingredients. Ideally a 750ml Jar works fine. I made one with 750ml and one with 490ml Weck Jar – One for Lunch and the other one for Elevenses.
Salads Jars have layers of wet and dry ingredients. I like to build the layers starting with wet ingredients first and finishing it off with super dry ingredients. Ideally start with a layer of dressing or salsa at the bottom. Then comes layers of Cooked Beans or pulses, followed by vegetables /grains. Finally top it with greens and something for crunch, which is completely optional.
If you would like to eat your salad out of the jar, remember to leave some room to dig in. But if you would like to eat out of a bowl like me, pack it tight till the top. Just tap the content of your mason jar to a bowl and just enjoy a healthy crunchy mexican delight.
You may store the prepared Mexican mason jar salad in the refrigerator for up-to 4 days. Remember to keep them up-right!
I love Super dooper Handy mason jar meals just like Overnight Oats Breakfast. I have curated a post with over 50+ Overnight Oats recipes to check out. How about Mango Coconut Overnight Oats, Peanut Butter Overnight Oats instead for a quick reference?
HANDY INGREDIENTS THAT ARE NICE TO HAVE FOR MASON JAR SALADS RECIPES
Salad Vegetable- Tomato, Onion
Herbs – Coriander leaves, Mint Leaves
Cooked Grains – Pasta, Quinoa, Noodles
Canned beans – Kidney Beans, Chickpeas
Left over veggies from the fridge
This list is exhaustive.
Mason Jar Salads are a great way of including your 5 a day portions in your meal, effortlessly. Don’t you agree. Just pile up your favourite ingredients in a mason jar, shake and enjoy your lunch on the go!
Recently the lovely folks at Odysea sent me their extensive range of Greek and Mediterranean Food, including hand-selected, traditionally-cured Greek olives, to sample.These exceptional olives have a firm texture and pleasant, fresh tasting flavour. Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil has well balanced fruity flavours & a mild peppery finish.
I loved adding them to my Mexican salad in a jar!
If you love this recipe, you will also love
Watermelon Feta Salad
MEXICAN MASON JAR SALAD RECIPE BELOW
- 1 Cup salsa
- 1 Cup cooked Kidney beans
- 3/4 cup cooked sweet corn
- 1 medium sized avocado roughly diced
- 8-10 Olives
- Handful of lettuce
- baked tortilla chips as needed
- salt & pepper to taste
Ingredients for Salsa
- 1 medium sized tomato finely chopped
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Tsp coriander leaves chopped
- 1 Tsp Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice
- To make the Salsa, simply combine onion, tomato, coriander leaves, a pinch of salt & pepper, olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice. Stir to combine and set it aside
- To prepare the Avocado Layer, roughly mash up the avocado with a fork. Squeeze some lime juice Season with salt and stir to combine.
- Cut thin strips of lettuce leaves and set it aside.
- 2 Corn Tortilla's brushed with Oil and cut into triangles.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 8-9 minutes at 190C, turning once in between.
Assembling the Mexican Salad jar
- Layer the Salsa right at the bottom of the Jar.
- Top it with Cooked Kidney Beans, Sweetcorn and then a layer of Avocado Guacamole Mixture.
- Add Olives, Lettuce and top it up with lots of baked tortilla chips.