Its Time to Snack Healthy!!
Oats Chocolate Granola Bars is not just any snack bar. Its a deliciously healthy Snack Bar. Moreover it requires no baking!!
At home both the kiddos have different take on food and their palette demands a different delicacy.While one enjoys Chocolate, other does not .One loves his traditional dessert dunked in Jaggery( Brown Sugar) whilst other can’t stand the smell of it. Missy enjoys her Garlicky wheat crackers whilst V adores his Oaty meals. Guess as parents all of us would be sailing on a boat with both the oars not in sink with each other on many occasions.
Nearly half of Scottish Old fashioned rolled oats has been sitting up the shelf for a couple of months now. Everyone practically ignoring and putting it way for a later breakfast or a meal. Since these oats were slightly chunkier than the Quaker oats, the father son duo didn’t not prefer it for breakfast. But they do love their porridge with some Golden Syrup or some Honey drizzled onto the top.
As I flipped through the pages, I came across a muesli bars recipe that did not require any baking. So this is it !! I decided. I followed the method with the ingredients I put together earlier .Euphoria!! It was a great success.. My lil boy who loves his Oats Bars, loved his mama’s Oats Chocolate Granola Bars more than that. Also the young lad doesn’t enjoy chocolate pieces or much chocolatey flavour generally.. But Loved this !!! He has requested me to make more … It was indeed a moment of pride on a mother’s face. One successful attempt!
There is a recipe for Anzac Biscuits in my blog – Its eggless and Oaty too.. Don’t forget to stop by, if you are not sure what to do with any remaining oats.
- 2.5 cups old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup golden syrup
- 100 g 75 gm + 25gm chocolat chunks ( dark choco)
- 1 tsp cinamon powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Blitz the Oats in your mixer , just enough to break them down. In a large mixing bowl combine Oats, Desiccated coconut, 75gm of chocolate and Cinnamon Powder and give them a good stir.
- In a medium saucepan , combine Golden Syrup,Peanut Butter and Vanilla Extract. Heat them until just melted and smooth. Make sure to stir occasionally.
- Pour the Wet mixture on to the Dry Oats Mixture and mix thoroughly until everything is evenly dispersed. Since we are adding a warm liquid mixture over the oats, chocolate mixture , chocolate is bound to melt and render a divine flavor.
- Line the baking tray with a greaseproof paper one overlapping the other. Press the prepared mixture onto the baking tray and flatten them using a wooden spoon or any heavy cup or jam tins to obtain an equal layer. Place the remaining chocolate chunks onto the top layer in a random fashion and spread it through. Cover with cling film .
- Leave it cool for atleast 3-4 hours , refrigerate overnight. Cut the Oats Chocolate Granola Bars into Snack bars and enjoy the delight.
If Golden Syrup is unavailable, you could use some Honey instead