Easy Pear Soup served with Baked Pear Chips – Made with a handful of ingredients, this soup recipe is a keeper. Bonus! you have got a recipe for Pear Chips too. Make these Pear chips in plenty – they are super addictive!
Heyy There !! Howdy Guys?? Well now the reason behind my absence is disclosed. Yes!! I have been buzy on our personal project – Our New Nest. Every Single Day has been spent going back and forth from the Old Property to the New , shuttling to Hardware stores, overlooking the Handyman, sourcing the needed items from the Outlets and so on.. With a bigger project in hand, my blog had taken a hind seat temporarily.
And then I wrote to the lovely Madhuri who blog’s at MADaboutKitchen for a Guest Post. Trust me it was an Instant Yes from her!! Her Pictures are a visual treat and food comes alive. She swings her magic wand, giving traditional dishes the perfect presentation whilst multi cuisine looks sinful. It was so much fun catching up with her during my India Visit. Those 3 hours never appeared as if we are meeting for the first time. Coffee Friends and Gossip – what more can you ask for When Likeminded Girls catch up 🙂 Thanks a bunch Madhuri for this gorgeous Post. Head over to her space for more Visual treat.
YOU MAY ALSO LOVE TO TRY THESE SOUP RECIPES
EASY PEAR SOUP SERVED WITH BAKED PEAR CHIPS
For Pear Soup
- 1 Medium Sized Pear
- 2 Medium Sized Potatoes
- 1 Medium sized carrots
- 1 stalk Leeks
- 1 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Skimmed Milk
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Cream
- 1 Tbsp chopped leeks
- 1/2 Tsp chilly flakes optional
For Pear Chips
- 1 Pear
- Pinch of Salt
For Pear Chips
- Pre heat the oven to 140°C
- Slice one Pear into thin slices.
- Lay them on the baking tray, sprinkle some salt on it.
- And bake for 15 to 20 minutes or till it is evenly golden brown.
- Take it out and put them on a cooling rack for it to crisp up while it cools down.
For the Pear Soup
- Peel Potatoes, Pear and Carrot and chop them into cubes.
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil and add ground pepper to it.
- Add chopped leeks to this and sauté till it turns translucent.
- Add them to the skillet and cook till the potatoes and carrots soften. Pear will be soft much earlier.
- Take it off the flame and let it cool a little.
- Add this, salt and milk to a blender and purée it.
- Pour it back into the skillet and add water or milk to get it to the right consistency and give it one boil.
- Serve the soup in bowls, top it with some fresh cream , finely chopped leeks and chilly flakes. Put a chip on the side and serve warm.