W ot better can we have after a perfect long awaited long weekend !!!! Two consecutive weekends …Made the most of it… enjoying the perfect British Sunshine , swishing bits thro the tele catching glimpses of the Royal Wedding , BBQ , Riverside Walk , settling for hours by the beach , Picture time all the while to capture the right moments and have them in memories..
This lovely cuppy cake was a sure treat for H for two thing… Firstly for being very thoughtful to pick a baking book for me.. Secondly he picked the book I had in mind and never disclosed it to him… Tat was truly telepathy.. The book was a Hummingbird Bakery cook book . I had read about their Red Velvet cake and had bookmarked it for working on it a bit later … H brings this book for me 3 days after… and I was just dumbstruck….. A smile was struck all the while and beaming even thro the darkness…
SOURCE: Hummingbird Bakery Cook Book
This cup cake actually uses a Devil’s Food cake base. Cocoa powder in it gives the right punch . Do not over mix as it would make the sponge heavy. Sponge should be light and moist .
|Baking Powder||1.5 Tsp.|
|Whole Milk||120 ml|
|Large Egg||1 Nos|
|Vanilla Extract||1 Tsp.|
- Preheat the oven to 170 C. Line the muffin tins with papercases.
- Bring together flour , coco powder, baking powder and butter and beat on a slow speed until we get a sandy consistency & well combined.
- Whisk the wet ingredients together – Milk, egg & vanilla extract in a jug.
- Slowly pour half the amount of wet ingredients into the dry , beat with a handheld electric whisk at a high speed until we get rid of all the lumps . Turn down the mixer to a slower speed and slowly incorporate the remaining wet mixture.Continue to mix for a couple of minutes until a smooth mix is obtained. DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Spoon the mixture into the papercases until 2/3rd full and bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 min. A skewer inserted in the centre should come out neat.
- Leave the cup cakes to cool slightly in the tray .When Cup cakes are cold , spoon in frosting if you like or just gobble them plain ..