I have been feeling hungry in the evening having the right hunger , only a snacky bite. Thats when Pizz-eat was born in my kitchen.It takes under 30 min for the total process -10 minute oven preheating time & 15 min baking time 🙂
|Puff Pastery Sheet|
|Pasta Sauce||4-5 tsp.|
|Onion||1/2 -sliced lengthwise|
|Tomato slices||4 – cut into 1/4|
|Dried basil||1 tsp|
|Freshly ground pepper||1/2 tsp|
- Thaw the pastery sheet as per the directions in the packet. I used a Just Roll pastery sheet.
- Preheat oven to 200ºC fan assisted (425ºF/Gas M7).
- Roll the puff pastery sheet flat to a suitable thickness & now cut them using a cookie cutter into round & sqaure shape.
- Lay the pastry rounds & square on a lined baking sheet .spread the centres with pasta sauce.(I used the Pasta Sauce as I had them in my fridge.Didnt go for any special ingredients)Top with overlapping cut slices of tomato & onion. Drizzle a bit of dried basil,freshly ground pepper & a bit of salt on each of them. Finally sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes until pastry turns golden and the cheese is melted. Garnish with basil if desired and serve it with Tomato Ketchup.
Tip: Thawing Pastery Sheet can take a while.I popped it in the microwave and used the Auto defrost mode for around 2 minutes. Pastery Sheet was ready to be used as desired.
Just incase pastery sheet is too sticky while spreading it then use a pinch of plain flour.
You may also like other pastery savories like Spicy Cuppy Cake