Extremely delighted to share – I got an opportunity to ramble for our local community magazine this month – Village Matters, Sunbury Matters & Shepperton Matters.
My recipe Vegetable Pulav got featured as the recipe of the month.
For an online read version – http://sunburymatters.co.uk/
With two kiddos at home , I am in the process of finding shortcuts in the process of cooking or finding easy curries too… One among easy cooks is this Pumpkin Coconut Curry.
I love this !! This is absolutely easy and can be whipped up in about 15 minutes.. Red Pumpkin is also known as Mathan in Tamil or Lal Bhopla in Hindi. A family pleasing side among kids too. You may serve it to your toddlers for snacking too , just as I do..
There are other recipes in my space that belongs to Palakad Cusine.
Preparation Time :5 Minutes
Cooking Time :10 Minutes
1 18 oz Bowl of Chopped Pumpkin
1 Tsp Mustard Seeds
1 Tsp Urd Dal
2 Dried Red Chillies
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 Tblspn Fresh grated coconut
2 Tsp of Oil
3/4 Tsp of Salt ( Please adjust the salt to your taste)
- Peel the outer thick skin and chop the Pumpkin into large chunky pieces.Give it a good wash .
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, urd dal and red chillies. Once the Mustard seeds begins to crackle , throw in washed pumpkin .
- Spoon in Turmeric powder, Salt. Sprinkle a tablespoon of water on the pumpkin and cover the vegetable with a lid and cook in low flame for about 7-9 minutes.Check in between the cooking time ,if it has cooked.
- Make sure not to cook it longer , Pumpkin can get mushier.Check one of the pieces with a spoon .When the pumpkin feels slightly soft , turn of the gas.
- Garnish with grated coconut and serve along with sambar and rice.
This curry can be had on its own for starter too. How about sprinkling some chat masala??